My Mood
    Amazed
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

House of Steel
    Koop brought up a damn good point, they better use Miller more often as a passing weapon cause damnit, how many times had we seen Miller wide open in the middle of the field or down along the sides??? I say enough. We have got to use all our weapons on offense and burn the **** out of the defenses. We got the talent, there is no excuse for us not to win 11 games this season.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ben had more success in the first 2 years of his career than anybody in history. Last year he was humbled alot by circumstance and by just flat out poor play. He's got alot of work to do but he's got the natural talent to do it and a coach who will make sure he's got every fundamental down his needs.

Im anxious to see what happens with Ben during offseason workouts and in camp.
    Oh I agree Ben has the natural talent to be great Top. Thats why during the 2004 draft I was hoping and praying that Ben would fall to the Steelers. I don't blame the guy for success getting to his head. It would have happened to me as well.

But he is still far from a finished product as a QB and I hope we see him put in the work to be great. He has the talent and this is going to be huge camp for Ben since he has a new HC. So he does have to prove himself again in a way.

I can't wait for camps to begin to. I'm excited about the potential of this offense. They have the weapons to be explosive.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    His upside is so much more than even we've seen in his first 2 years as our QB. I don't think we saw the real Ben last year at all but more of a guy who just never recovered from everything that happened and kept happening to him during the season with injuries and accidents.

If Tomlin and Anderson or whoever we get as a QB coach can tap into the Big Ben we know is in there this guy can be as good as their is in this league.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    His upside is so much more than even we've seen in his first 2 years as our QB. I don't think we saw the real Ben last year at all but more of a guy who just never recovered from everything that happened and kept happening to him during the season with injuries and accidents.

If Tomlin and Anderson or whoever we get as a QB coach can tap into the Big Ben we know is in there this guy can be as good as their is in this league.
    Oh I agree injuries played a huge part in his bad year. But late in the year when we still saw Ben throwing into double coverage that has to be a concern. All I want Ken Anderson to do is work with Ben's mechanics and work with Ben in reading defenses.

Sometimes the small things make all the difference like not throwing off your back foot. Ben even did that his first two years. All QB's do at times its just sometimes Ben has made a habit of it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Losing so much offseason and camp time was crucial to his development being so young and it really set him back and set him up for a fall. He's so young and had so much success it's hard to blame the guy for falling after that mess he's been through. This year is so important to Ben's career. If he struggles in 2007 things could look bleek. He needs to have a solid, not a spectacular year, and build on it. We have enough weapons in all 3 phases to help out but he's got to not lose games for us.

Give me 15-20 passes a game for 150 yds and a TD or 2 and Im happy with that most every week.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Losing so much offseason and camp time was crucial to his development being so young and it really set him back and set him up for a fall. He's so young and had so much success it's hard to blame the guy for falling after that mess he's been through. This year is so important to Ben's career. If he struggles in 2007 things could look bleek. He needs to have a solid, not a spectacular year, and build on it. We have enough weapons in all 3 phases to help out but he's got to not lose games for us.

Give me 15-20 passes a game for 150 yds and a TD or 2 and Im happy with that most every week.
    if he can throw under 15 ints i'll be happy, if he can finally play a full 16 games i'll be happy.......we need to draft blalock, draft hunt and go back to running and letting ben throw no more then 25 times a game lol..............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

great player.. Not such a great coach.. Good luck
    Brian
    cincybengals.com

House of Steel
    Well, remember another thing, Brian, WE OWN YOU BITCHES!!!! sorry I couldn't resist.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by BengalBrian View Post
    great player.. Not such a great coach.. Good luck
    When was Keny Anderson a great player? Thats like when Seahawks fans claim Dave Zorn was great.

Thread Information