Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Anderson a Steeler???

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Apparently the team didn't think as much of Whipple as some of us did. Ben has had a Qb coach since he was drafted. Whipple has been a big help to Ben so far in his career.

Hell Peyton Manning has a QB coach, so does Palmer, Brees, and most of the QB's in this league; it doesn't matter how many years of experience you have or how good you are. QB's need a coach to continue to get better and learn.
    Hey Arians was Peyton's first QB coach in the NFL. I don't know how to judge Ken Anderson as a coach. I just hope he works with Ben on his mechanics, reading defenses.

One thing is for sure Anderson does know what it takes to play QB in the NFL. Since he was a former QB.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He was a good QB and had alot of success in the NFL I'll give him that, I just worry because he track record in the NFL as a coach hasn't been that spectactular. I could be wrong and I sure hope I am, he just wasn't a first choice that I would have gone with..but maybe that's why Im not an NFL coach

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i think he's peaked........i don't see anything that can improve since he's not a hard worker, that's why i think he's peaked....he cares more about having fun then playing the game, cause if he did he wouldn't have a motorcycle..........
    Sorry I don't agree that Ben has peaked. His best years are still ahead of him. I will say this its up to Ben and Ben alone on how good of a player he does become. So he does have to put in the hard work to be great. Which I think Tomlin will lay down the law.

I can't wait for training camp. I expect no more movie days in training camp which Cowher was famous for doing. Every camp he took the team on a movie day.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He was a good QB and had alot of success in the NFL I'll give him that, I just worry because he track record in the NFL as a coach hasn't been that spectactular. I could be wrong and I sure hope I am, he just wasn't a first choice that I would have gone with..but maybe that's why Im not an NFL coach
    so you base his track record off of leftwhich who was overrated from the start???? and base off a guy who sits behind leftwhich???

or did anderson coach else where and completely bomb???

also, when leftwhich doesn't have a team it's hard for him to be consistently good, so you can't really tell if anderson was doing a good job or not...........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Sorry I don't agree that Ben has peaked. His best years are still ahead of him. I will say this its up to Ben and Ben alone on how good of a player he does become. So he does have to put in the hard work to be great. Which I think Tomlin will lay down the law.

I can't wait for training camp. I expect no more movie days in training camp which Cowher was famous for doing. Every camp he took the team on a movie day.
    lol, yeah i didn't really think he peaked either....but i figure i'd go on with what i was saying lol......... i was really just trying to get at that he has no work ethic, i think success came to fast and to easy for him, i'm glad he had a this year, hopefully it brought him back down to earth and made him realize that he's still a couple of years away from being great.............

My Mood
    Mad
    I agree there is some worries about Ken Anderson as a QB coach. I'm just waiting to see if he can get Ben to improve his mechanics and reading defenses. Thats been Ben's biggest inconsistencies since being in the NFL. If Anderson can do that with Ben that I think all will be good.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I agree there is some worries about Ken Anderson as a QB coach. I'm just waiting to see if he can get Ben to improve his mechanics and reading defenses. Thats been Ben's biggest inconsistencies since being in the NFL. If Anderson can do that with Ben that I think all will be good.
    what's wrong with ben's mechanics??? i think the only thing ben needs to learn is to stop being such a pussy lol..........and throw the ball more to heath lol

My Mood
    Mad
    lol, yeah i didn't really think he peaked either....but i figure i'd go on with what i was saying lol......... i was really just trying to get at that he has no work ethic, i think success came to fast and to easy for him, i'm glad he had a this year, hopefully it brought him back down to earth and made him realize that he's still a couple of years away from being great.............
    Koop I agree Ben has a **** poor work ethic. **** I have argued this since I first joined this site. I have read to many times that Ben has a questionable work ethic. He is known to be last one in and first one out during practice.

I think that will change under Tomlin if not then Ben will be shown the door. I'm a Big Ben fan and I think that.

My Mood
    Mad
    what's wrong with ben's mechanics??? i think the only thing ben needs to learn is to stop being such a pussy lol..........and throw the ball more to heath lol
    Well Ben at times throws to much off his back foot. Thats not good. All QB's do it from time to time its just Ben doesn't to much at times. Plus Ben needs to work at reading defenses especially zone defenses.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben had more success in the first 2 years of his career than anybody in history. Last year he was humbled alot by circumstance and by just flat out poor play. He's got alot of work to do but he's got the natural talent to do it and a coach who will make sure he's got every fundamental down his needs.

Im anxious to see what happens with Ben during offseason workouts and in camp.

Thread Information