Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley will look to exploit weakness of opposing defense

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Todd Haley will look to exploit weakness of opposing defense

Steelers.com Live did an interview with Todd Haley on Thursday afternoon. Bob Labriola talked about all parts of the offense and what Haley wants to try and do in Pittsburgh. They also talked about the potential use of FB, TE, his philosophy on offense overall, and much more.

One thing that caught my attention in particular was when he was asked about how he'll approach his offensive gameplan each week.

He talked about how he will look to exploit the weakness of the defense as much as he'll look to emphasize the strength of the offense. That's what you want out of a coordinator, somebody who's not afraid to attack the weak link in a team no matter who the opponent is. No more of this mentality of having to play a certain team a certain way just because that how you've done it before.

You can talk about BA's philosophy all you want and the Steelers in general but everybody knows that they used the mentality of, we're going to run our offense no matter what. It will be nice to see if Haley can actually put together some gameplans that actually involve exploiting a weakness regularly instead of just now and then.

Or even in a game when a CB goes down... BA would run more or thorw to the other side.

What a tool, glad hes gone.

Haley will be fun... Especially if he gets in some grills once in a while.

Veteran
    What a novel concept.

Draft Pick
    Does anyone have a link to the video? One thing is for sure a large portion of the couch surfing offensive coordinators will be calling for Haley's head soon enough, just as they did with BA.

My Mood
    Addicted
    He talked about how he will look to exploit the weakness of the defense as much as he'll look to emphasize the strength of the offense. That's what you want out of a coordinator, somebody who's not afraid to attack the weak link in a team no matter who the opponent is. No more of this mentality of having to play a certain team a certain way just because that how you've done it before.

What a novel concept<<<< Yea what he saidBut this is what i like about Haley, and he has been successful with this philosophy, man i'm super excited to finally get to see a real offensive game plan, with real time game adjustments, and a little trickery

My Mood
    Fight
    Isn't this the obvious answer, He hasn't hung around Tomlin long enough to have those "release hell" speeches, WOW let's play to the strenghth of defenses.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Amazing.

C-town

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Who is this BA you speak of?

Already forgot him... *poof*
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Rookie Free Agent
    Well, at least we have an OC with a brain. I find it hard to believe BA didn't try to attack weaknesses of defenses. I mean, ANYONE could figure that out. I like Haley though, it's always fun when the Steelers make an interesting change... especially since it rarely happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Who is this BA you speak of?

Already forgot him... *poof*
    We will see plenty of him this year since he has Luck... I hope he doesnt break his lucky toy to quick.

Thread Information