Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams testes positive marijuana

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Mike Adams testes positive marijuana

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that Ohio State offensive lineman Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the Scouting Combine.

Adams, as La Canfora explains it, didn’t know about the positive result when meeting with teams at the Scouting Combine. Obviously, Adams wouldn’t have known; the results aren’t made available until well after the players have left Indy.
    But Adams surely knew that he’d smoked marijuana, and if anything he said to teams about marijuana use during Combine interviews was later contradicted by the positive test result, that could be viewed as a far more significant problem than the positive test result.

Teams generally don’t care about marijuana use. They care about whether, if forced to choose between football and marijuana, the player will choose football. Most do, providing clean samples during the repeated unannounced tests performed until the player graduates from the substance-abuse program. But some, like former NFL running back Onterrio Smith, can’t quit smoking. And as a result they have to quit playing. And the team that drafted a player who ultimately can’t play ends up holding accountable the people who drafted him.

Making a positive test at the Scouting Combine an even larger red flag is the fact that the players know they’re going to be tested. Thus, as many league sources have told PFT over the years, anyone who tests positive at the Combine either has an addiction, or is incredibly dumb.

From PFT

Anybody think the Steelers will seriously consider a guy that toked a doobie before the biggest workout of his career?

from everything i hear they really like him. this isnt that big of a deal imo.

second rounder now tho

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Think Steeler brass had enough of pot smoking with a former 1rst rounder they traded for a fifth round pick: Santonio Holmes. Given this, I do not see ADAMS in B&G in 2012.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    and the stock plumets... we wont touch him now (unless still there in 2nd) prolly not even then
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

thats just not true at all. theyve had multiple meetings and private workouts with him, im sure they have an opinion of where and when he should be selected. despite popular belief weed is not the kiss of death to a players career.

i dont get where everything thinks this is automatic removal from anything steeler draft related. if hes there in the second, i guarantee they take him

This may help get him down below 55?? i doubt it though....

At least he paid for his tattoo's!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 04-19-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    thats just not true at all. theyve had multiple meetings and private workouts with him, im sure they have an opinion of where and when he should be selected. despite popular belief weed is not the kiss of death to a players career.

i dont get where everything thinks this is automatic removal from anything steeler draft related. if hes there in the second, i guarantee they take him
    Your right it is generally not the kiss of death .However It can be depending on the player he's already been suspended @ Ohio state for trading memorabilia for pot and tattoo's .Hmmmm i have a drug screening coming up ah screw it Puff Puff pass .It doesn't seem like he thinks he needs to stop .I guess i get so tired of these *******s who are so talented and are set to play the best game on the planet and make millions act foolishly.This guy is a total moron or an addict one or the other

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think he drops past the 2nd round, somebody will obviously take him. If the Steelers are still interested in him as much as before I'm sure the meeting at practice facility started with a "so big of junkie are you"

He's be a steal in the 2nd round if he fell to the Steelers but doing something like that puts 1 strike against him already.

Poe or Konz in #1

Adams or Osemele in the #2 spot. hmmm.....

Thread Information