Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Starks will be ready to go by July

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Max Starks will be ready to go by July

Max Starks tweeted that his rehab is going well and hopes to be ready by July. He has yet to receive any offer from the Steelers and as far as I know he hasn't gotten any interest around the league.

A 300+ lineman who is coming off ACL surgery though usually won't attract much attention. I'm sure he'll still be available if the Steelers want him later in the summer. We'd have to hope though that this rehab is helping him stay in shape, unlike last year when things didn't go so well in the offseason and he was released.

I would like to see him back still, he'd come at a bargain considering his experience. I liked the combination of Gilbert at RT and Starks at LT, however the money that Colon is getting paid will weigh into the decision too like it or not.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Depending on the draft, if we can get him cheap.................

Got to be a better option than J. Scott.

C-town

If Gilbert and Colon can start, then let starks rest as much as possible and be the backup contingency.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    J. Scott was actually not so bad when he was on the right side. When he filled in for Gilbert in 2011 he was fairly effective. That being said I don't want him as a starter though.

One could make the argument that Starks hasn't been the answer since the OL's have been poor when he was on the roster at LT. However I'd refute that as saying he has had some injury problems and he definitely saved the day last year when brought him back. Things would have been much, much, worse than they were.

My Mood
    Manic
    I don't think Starks will be back It's gonna be Gilbert,legs,pouncey,Foster,Colon that's the starters`Scott ,Turner, Essex,and anybody they draft as depth

doug legursky better not be the opening day starter at LG, we saw what happened last time

J. Scott turns my stomach! Let's not go into camp with some bullshit, let's fix this fn line so we can churn up some points!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    J. Scott turns my stomach! Let's not go into camp with some bullshit, let's fix this fn line so we can churn up some points!
    Konz, Brooks, Osemele, Zeitler 2 of these 4 will be starters and pro bowlers, we need 2 of them

I hoped they asked Pouncey if he would mind playing guard, and he said no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Konz, Brooks, Osemele, Zeitler 2 of these 4 will be starters and pro bowlers, we need 2 of them

I hoped they asked Pouncey if he would mind playing guard, and he said no problem.
    konz is cerebral and tactical, he has no place on this team as a guard hes a much better center prospect than guard, pouncey would dominate at guard but i highly doubt they move him

brooks is a slightly more athletic ramon foster, which could be a huge factor in his career. We could get foster 2.0 or we could get carl nicks 2.0. Osemele reminds me a lot of kendall simmons tbh, i would like him and zeitler in the 2nd round though.

Honestly the BEST strategic move for the steelers to make would be trading up with the jags so they could get Hill at 24 and the steelers could land decastro. It would cost a first/second/next year 3rd but decastro on the line is a GAME CHANGER

Hell they could trade wallace to them for 7 and get decastro and keep 24, that would make me feel all tingly.

I really hope we can get glenn though, hes the best realistic pick at guard

My Mood
    Fine
    I'm highly skeptical of the "Pouncey at Guard" thinking that has been prevailing lately on Steelers forums ... it makes no sense to me whatsoever ... Legursky is way small for a LG ... and Pouncey is even smaller ... I'm hoping we draft a pure LG with size and power and end this "Pouncey at Guard" discussion permanently ... Pouncey was drafted as a Center ... and Legursky needs to be a backup Center once again ... We need real Guards desperately!!!!!!

Thread Information