Thread: Dontari Poe among final prospects to visit Steelers before the draft

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Dontari Poe among final prospects to visit Steelers before the draft

Dontari Poe is visiting the Steelers today on the last day teams can host prospects before the draft. Also visiting the Steelers are tight end Adrien Robinson of Cincinnati, offensive lineman Kelvin Beachum of Southern Methodist and wide receivers Toney Clemons of Colorado and Gregory Childs of Arkansas.

Full article on Ed Bouchette's blog

kinda like greg childs

im glad they brought poe in, hes my #2 realisitc prospect behind cordy glenn at the moment

My Mood
    Roflol
    Poe is probably one of the most intriguing prospects this year. Before the combine he was a 20 spot or lower in the mock drafts. After the combine when he blew the eyeballs out of most peoples sockets he bounced up to 9 with the Panthers taking him. That sort of thing is typical of the pre draft workouts. There is usually always at least one guy who makes a big splash. Now as it gets closer to the draft teams start looking alittle closer and refining their choices. The one knock on Poe that I've heard is he didn't do anything special in his game tapes. That kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? Sure he played on Memphis and not a school like USC or Alabama. So what exactly does that do for the players draft stock? I think it makes some GM's second quess the talent they are looking at. I'm sure glad the Rooney's didn't do that with a guy like Lambert coming out of Kent State. Or a Stallworth who was from Alabama A&M. As much as I like Hightower maybe just maybe Poe can fall to 24. I think he is the only guy in the draft who could fill Big Snacks shows. And as much as the ILB position means to the Steelers if Poe falls it might just be a no brainer to take him.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

for the steelers i have 5 prospects ranked ahead of poe. Decastro, Richardson, Claiborne, Reiff, and Glenn. The first 4 are all but certainly top 10 picks. If hes at 24, you take him

Barron, Glenn, Poe Check..

Konz had a dislocated ankle already.. Hightower blew his knee badly already.

First round picks are to valuable to gamble on .. plus added injury history on top of it all..

Kinda like Worilds with his glass shoulder right Ktrain?

i hate worilds for multiple reason, his shoulder issues were a bullet point

hightower recovered tremendously from a bad knee injury, i dont really mind that. **** was a cheap shot, tore it up pretty bad and effected his play but the second half of last year he seems 100% and comfortable

mind sharing why you seem to be so high on barron? i like him but hes benefitting hard from a weak S class...if you compare him to other first round safeties over the last decade he doesnt measure up imo

Size Speed 4.4 4.5 and the age of our S's he will be a top 20 pick i think..

Hernia is an issue for me though, plus the hightower, upshaw, barron alabama trend.. everyone looked better there but who was really the best out there. kinda like does troy make the ILB look better or do the ILB's make troy look better?

So Barron may be the player making them all look better... Like Troy does for us.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

mind sharing why you seem to be so high on barron? i like him but hes benefitting hard from a weak S class...if you compare him to other first round safeties over the last decade he doesnt measure up imo
    He can Cover,Hit,Tackle & Catch the ball. Troy and Ryan are 30+,Injury prone. Ryan is in his final years as a player athletically.He already is taken out on most passing downs and will not be in the first game at Denver. Troy's history of concussion,Physical Style makes it a bigger need than people realize. However there are other options to be groomed later in the draft but getting the Top Safety as with getting the top TE in the first round wouldn't be a bad thing.
    I think If Barron or Kirkpatrick are on the board it will be hard to bypass them.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Size Speed 4.4 4.5 and the age of our S's he will be a top 20 pick i think..

Hernia is an issue for me though, plus the hightower, upshaw, barron alabama trend.. everyone looked better there but who was really the best out there. kinda like does troy make the ILB look better or do the ILB's make troy look better?

So Barron may be the player making them all look better... Like Troy does for us.
    thats a good point about evaluating the bama players.

but think about marcel dareus, he went #3 overall and went to be a stud player for the bills as a rookie, but the bama defense got better without him. They are all tremendously talented.

Im not crazy about Upshaw, hes an undersized DE, which makes people want to put him at OLB but i dont like him at OLB at all. Hightower is a talented all around LB, can play all 4 spots in a 34, but i wouldnt want him in a 43. Barron is a good player, i like him more than lester but not as much as kirkpatrick. And speaking of kirkpatrick, i love him at FS and i think he could play zone CB for some teams including the steelers.

Then you have chapman, hes the man....might be the best football player on the team. Does all the dirty work in the trenches and is a tough mother****er.

Barron wouldnt bother me too much but thats because i hate clark and i dont think troy has too much quality time left....i always miss on what they want to do at safety. I thought Crezdon Butler was the future at FS, then Donovan Warren, Then keenan lewis, then cortez allen. barron would make my life easier lol

Veteran
    Now this is the K-Train I've come to love. Welcome back.

Thread Information