Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers host WR Stephen Hill, OT Mitchell Schwartz

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers host WR Stephen Hill, OT Mitchell Schwartz

Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill and California offensive tackle Mitchell Schwartz are visiting the Steelers on the next-to-last day teams are allowed to host NFL draft prospects.

Hill's blend of size and speed could make him a first-round pick a week from Thursday. The 6-4, 215-pounder averaged over 25 yards a catch in three seasons at Georgia Tech, and he ran at 4.38 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.

The 6-5, 318-pound Schwartz started four years at Cal and made 35 starts at left tackle and 16 at right tackle. A first-team All-Pac 12 pick in 2011, Schwartz is the younger brother of NFL offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz.

im a big fan of hill.

i like schwartz too actually, could be a stud RG

My Mood
    Ornery
    I really like Schwartz, but I don't understand why we would be looking at Hill. Yes, he's a burner but WR isn't a need.
    The Tradition Continues!!!

hes not really a burner, i mean he is but hes more like another monster WR who has a ridiculous size/speed ratio, great hands, and is a nightmare to tackle that GT produces every 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldHaze View Post
    I really like Schwartz, but I don't understand why we would be looking at Hill. Yes, he's a burner but WR isn't a need.
    Wallace goes to the Texans or Broncos?? We have an extra #1

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldHaze View Post
    Why do you think WR isn't a need? Wallace in last year of contract,Brown & Sanders are RFA next year plus Sanders injury history and Jerricho signed only a two year contract. Yes WR is a need not a pressing need but a need.

My Mood
    Ornery
    I don't see WR as a #1 pick need...we have more glaring holes that I would rather see filled....OL, DT, ILB. We seem to be able to find WR gems in the middle to late rounds....IE Antonio Brown, who I really feel we will wrap up long-term.
    The Tradition Continues!!!

its not a HUGE need, its not a pressing need, but its a need that they are probably in the market to upgrade. Haley had bowe and breaston and drafted jon baldwin in the first...he loves WRs so who knows.

Wallace is such a question mark right now, hill would replace him. I would be ok with Hill and FLoyd at WR in the first round, you have to go with a ratio of BPA/Need and if thats them then so be it.

cant have too many weapons for your $100 million QB and expert WR coach OC. Brown had a tremendous season and i think hes extremely legit as a #2 and i thought that before last year (when many were still very pro-sanders around here) but i dont think if wallace moves on brown is going to be as good as "the guy"

them bringing hill in might mean they have a deal in place to move wallace if they like what they see and are in good position to do so come draft day

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    WR isn't a real need. But.....we don't have a WR with that type of size. We've all complained about our red zone lack of productivity. So...imagine having a huge monster like Hill, Miller and Cotchery for red zone targets?

You've got to admit, it does sound appealing.

But because of our other issues of dire need, I don't want to use any first round pick on Hill.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its not a HUGE need, its not a pressing need, but its a need that they are probably in the market to upgrade. Haley had bowe and breaston and drafted jon baldwin in the first...he loves WRs so who knows.

Wallace is such a question mark right now, hill would replace him. I would be ok with Hill and FLoyd at WR in the first round, you have to go with a ratio of BPA/Need and if thats them then so be it.

cant have too many weapons for your $100 million QB and expert WR coach OC. Brown had a tremendous season and i think hes extremely legit as a #2 and i thought that before last year (when many were still very pro-sanders around here) but i dont think if wallace moves on brown is going to be as good as "the guy"

them bringing hill in might mean they have a deal in place to move wallace if they like what they see and are in good position to do so come draft day
    Noway Floyd falls to the Steelers but that would be awesome.......You know me I'm all for drafting weapons for Ben....I wouldn't complain at all if a WR is drafted in the first.......I'm pro Sanders but I also did like Brown...But you nailed it about Brown....He is a damn good number 2 but I'm with you in thinking I don't think he is a number 1 WR at all........If Wallace isn't a Steeler next year they will be forced to bring in a talent like Hill or a big physical WR like in in some point early on in the draft.......

Thread Information