Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clemson pass rusher Andre Branch & 3 other prospects visiting Steelers on Monday

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Clemson pass rusher Andre Branch & 3 other prospects visiting Steelers on Monday

Clemson defensive end-outside linebacker Andre Branch visits the Pittsburgh Steelers today and the Detroit Lions on Tuesday, according to a league source.

Branch is a 6-foot-4, 260-pound hybrid edge pass rusher who recorded 10 1/2 sacks and 17 tackles for losses last season.

Branch is a projected first-round draft pick who has also drawn significant interest from the New York Jets.

Branch finished his career with 17 1/2 career sacks.

At the NFL scouting combine, Branch ran the 40-yard dash in 4.70 seconds and had a 32 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 10-foot broad jump, a 4.25 in the 20-yard shuttle and a 7.19 in the three-cone drill.

In a game against Clemson three years ago, Branch had 11 tackles, six for losses and four sacks.

Branch had 85 tackles and 17 quarterback hurries last season.

He recorded at least one tackle in 41 consecutive games.

He finished his career with 197 tackles, 33 1/2 for losses, 40 quarterback hurries and 11 pass deflections.

As a junior, Branch had 55 tackles, 7 1/2 for losses, five sacks and 16 quarterback pressures.

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.

http://clemson.scout.com/a.z?s=46&p=...=5679755&fhn=1

My Mood
    Addicted
    Clemson had a decent defense the past few seasons. Late round selection, perhaps?

C-town

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We have high needs at nose tackle, right guard and linebacker. I expect our first three picks are going to be addressing these needs. If he's there in the 4th round, maybe. But we also need to look at cornerback and wide receiver too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    We have high needs at nose tackle, right guard and linebacker. I expect our first three picks are going to be addressing these needs. If he's there in the 4th round, maybe. But we also need to look at cornerback and wide receiver too.
    I agree with your needs but all 3 needs could be found in rounds 2,3,4 & 6. Guards can be found throughout this draft because after the top ones(up to 3rd rd) they all the same grade 5-7 rds that can still start. Steelers need Depth & future starters at ILB,OLB if they feel Worilds & Sly aren't the answer. Hell even if they're the answer we need quality depth.

Dont be surprised to see Branch,Fleener,Perry,Barron or Kirkpatrick selected even if Poe & Hightower are on the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    we have a left guard? if anything i think we are set at RG....foster, c. scott, and colon could all fill that spot, we dont have a legit LG

My Mood
    Fine
    [QUOTE=BlitzburghRockCity;492106]Clemson defensive end-outside linebacker Andre Branch visits the Pittsburgh Steelers today and the Detroit Lions on Tuesday, according to a league source.

Branch is a 6-foot-4, 260-pound hybrid edge pass rusher who recorded 10 1/2 sacks and 17 tackles for losses last season.

Branch is a projected first-round draft pick who has also drawn significant interest from the New York Jets.

Would Branch be a OLB or put on some weight and be a 5tech?

certainly an OLB

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    certainly an OLB
    Thanks, I'd take him for either position. He could always replace Hood? I know you'd like that.lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    and 3 more...

The Steelers are hosting four NFL draft prospects today, including Clemson defensive end Andre Branch and Louisiana-Lafayette tight end Ladarius Green.

Also visiting the Steelers` South Side practice facility are Michigan State wide receiver Keshawn Martin and Cincinnati defensive tackle John Hughes.

Branch will play outside linebacker if a team that employs a 3-4 defense drafts him. Green is widely considered one of the top tight end prospects in this year`s draft.

The draft prospects are not the only players at Steelers` headquarters. The Steelers started their offseason workouts today with players allowed to lift under the supervision of the team.
    The Steelers don`t begin offseason practices until next month.

My Mood
    Roflol
    Lots of good talent this year. Can't wait for the draft. You can certainly see the Steelers are searching for Harrison's replacement. They have brought in a handful of good OLB propects. This could be Harrisons last year with the team.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

Thread Information