Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Trade Mike Wallace - Best Option for Steelers

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,955
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    They need a WR!!
    We need their pick

  2. #32
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Anyone who deems himself "young money" - the writing is on the wall. I said this before, if he leaves, he will turn into Randle El.
    awful career path comparison

  3. #33
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,955
    Deadline approaches

    ESPN says:

    With Steelers restricted free-agent wide receiver Mike Wallace facing a Friday deadline to sign an offer sheet with another team, it now is expected that he will return to Pittsburgh for the 2012 season, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

    Hensley: Wallace never caught a break

    Mike Wallace just never caught a break this offseason, and the major benefactor is the Steelers, writes Jamison Hensley. Blog


    No team has made a significant run yet at Wallace, and it is not expected that one will, sources told Schefter.

    Last month, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton that the Steelers had made a one-year offer to Wallace worth a first-round tender -- meaning any team signing Wallace to an offer sheet would have to part with a first-round pick.

    If Wallace does not sign his tender -- worth a reported $2.7 million -- by June 15, the Steelers can reduce it to 110 percent of last year's salary and still retain his rights.

    Steelers team president Art Rooney II has said the team wants to sign Wallace to a multiyear contract.

  4. #34
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlitzBurghx View Post
    I read on twitter the dolphins were trying to sign him?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'd love to send him to the Dolphins for their 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick next year.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  5. #35
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I'd love to send him to the Dolphins for their 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick next year.
    agreed.

  6. #36
    Starter Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Deadline approaches

    ESPN says:

    With Steelers restricted free-agent wide receiver Mike Wallace facing a Friday deadline to sign an offer sheet with another team, it now is expected that he will return to Pittsburgh for the 2012 season, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

    Hensley: Wallace never caught a break

    Mike Wallace just never caught a break this offseason, and the major benefactor is the Steelers, writes Jamison Hensley. Blog


    No team has made a significant run yet at Wallace, and it is not expected that one will, sources told Schefter.

    Last month, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton that the Steelers had made a one-year offer to Wallace worth a first-round tender -- meaning any team signing Wallace to an offer sheet would have to part with a first-round pick.

    If Wallace does not sign his tender -- worth a reported $2.7 million -- by June 15, the Steelers can reduce it to 110 percent of last year's salary and still retain his rights.

    Steelers team president Art Rooney II has said the team wants to sign Wallace to a multiyear contract.
    Never caught a break? I don't get that statement! As if being picked up by another team is a break?

  7. #37
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Four View Post
    First, the final drive in Superbowl 45 against the Packers was lost.
    Well... really number 64 and 85 didnt block anyone and mendenhall got slammed lost the ball and the game was over...

    dont blame wallace.

  8. #38
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I hear that a lot too, he never caught a break. What break do you think he deserved? He's a 3rd yr player with a bright future on one of the best teams in the NFL every year. Bus Cook should know by now how the Steelers work and this whole offseason media circus was never going to force the Rooney's hands for anyone.

    The fumble by Mendenhall can't be blamed on Wallace, he just flat out didn't hang onto it like he was supposed too and of course nobody blocked Matthews.

  9. #39
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,955
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The fumble by Mendenhall can't be blamed on Wallace, he just flat out didn't hang onto it like he was supposed too and of course nobody blocked Matthews.
    64 watched matthews hit him.. watch the play.. 85 ran by matthews if i recall correctly... or vice a versa

  10. #40
    Chuck's Place ChucktownSteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,920
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Well... really number 64 and 85 didnt block anyone and mendenhall got slammed lost the ball and the game was over...

    dont blame wallace.
    I agree. That fumble was on DJ Johnson. Mendy had it high and tight.

    C-town

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Final Mock w/ Wallace trade
    By cbrunn in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 10:33 PM
  2. Would the Steelers Trade Mike Wallace before the draft?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 04:59 PM
  3. Future of Mike Wallace and the Steelers receivers
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
  4. Mike Wallace
    By nuclearchihuahuas in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 06:29 AM
  5. Mike Wallace
    By SteelDad in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •