Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Mike Wallace - Best Option for Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Trade Mike Wallace - Best Option for Steelers

If some other team signs Mike Wallace this week, the Steelers will come out smelling like a rose. First, the final drive in Superbowl 45 against the Packers was lost because Wallace couldn't get separation on the shorter routes. Ben and Wallace tried to pull a Ben and Holmes drive and it didn't work. Why? Wallace isn't Holmes. He isn't Antonio Brown or Emmanuel Sanders. Mike Wallace is a speed demon one trick pony. It's a great trick. It's worth about two plays a game. What are the Steelers going to do with the remaining 30 odd pass plays in the game?

The Steelers have a lot of needs on at other positions. They need cap space and the extra 1st round draft choice would allow the Steelers to fill those holes. The Steelers could draft two of the following 4, Hightower, Poe, Adams and Baron. That extra player is going to make a bigger impact than Wallace.

If the Steelers can keep Wallace at the current tender, then the Steelers will have a great deal. If some team pries him away from the Steelers, then the Steelers still win.

now you're opening a can of warms in this forum...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Rookie Free Agent Njsteelersnut's Avatar
    My Mood
    Manic
    I think Wallace is an asset, and Im not gonna fully grade him as a receiver until I see how he plays in a sytem other than Arians. With that said, I think Wallace's ego has gotten the best of him, and he wants ridiculous money, which I hope we dont pay. No need to overpay for his services then not have money to sign others. Unless he gets more realistic about what he is worth and what caliber of player he is, I say trade him for a couple of picks and use the money we would have spent on him to get Brown and Sanders to long term deals this year. We can draft his repalcement and be set at the receiver postion for years to come.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Four View Post
    If some other team signs Mike Wallace this week, the Steelers will come out smelling like a rose. First, the final drive in Superbowl 45 against the Packers was lost because Wallace couldn't get separation on the shorter routes. Ben and Wallace tried to pull a Ben and Holmes drive and it didn't work. Why? Wallace isn't Holmes. He isn't Antonio Brown or Emmanuel Sanders. Mike Wallace is a speed demon one trick pony. It's a great trick. It's worth about two plays a game. What are the Steelers going to do with the remaining 30 odd pass plays in the game?

The Steelers have a lot of needs on at other positions. They need cap space and the extra 1st round draft choice would allow the Steelers to fill those holes. The Steelers could draft two of the following 4, Hightower, Poe, Adams and Baron. That extra player is going to make a bigger impact than Wallace.

If the Steelers can keep Wallace at the current tender, then the Steelers will have a great deal. If some team pries him away from the Steelers, then the Steelers still win.
    ^agree with everything...Im still bitter about his ineptitude in SB last drive and Now his seemingly greed and ego...I would love a draft pick for him...not to say it wouldnt be a loss..he's just not worth it...and btw, expect sanders to have a break out season this yr

I really believe Wallace has a lot of potential to help this team. He just fell into the trap of trying to make as much money as possible.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Wallace is worth every penny of an $8-9M per year contract. If he can't live on that salary and think he deserves more, I wish him the best in his future endeavors.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think he needs to sign for about 4 - 5 million max myself. He has not established himself as an elite WR yet. If he wants to hold out, so be it.

C-town

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Its only April........I still think Wallace and the Steelers will reach an agreement on a long term contract....Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part but for real to much over reaction regarding Wallace.......For all of the flaws in Mike's game lets not forget how important he is to the offense and his presence alone opens things up for the other Wr's......Of course Mike Wallace isn't on the same level as Megatron or Larry Fitz but he is on the level below them.....Plus he is only getting better......

Rookie Free Agent Njsteelersnut's Avatar
    My Mood
    Manic
    I agree i think 8-9 million is too steep for Wallace, no denying his speed, but he needs to step up and show he is something more than a guy who can run the fly route. He fails to fight for the ball, and seems at times he doesnt like the contact and shys away from being hit. I think thats one of the reasons no other team stepped up to pay him the huge contract he is seeking.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

From everything I'm hearing Wallace is acting like too big of a dick right now..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information