Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Mock w/ Wallace trade

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

2nd String

Final Mock w/ Wallace trade

Ok this is my last attempt ...lol lets try to make everybody happy with this one

lets assume wallace is delt before the deadline to the Rams for one of their second and a 6th ...Now i don't think wallace would be gone ...but i think this is about as best of a deal as were going to get for him ... and seeing as the rams have 2 second round picks and i think a good bit of salary cap why not give bradford, Blackmon and Wallace

Another trade is Miami selects Tannehill , so with an extra third , they have to give him a weapon on offense and with their second they won't have any of the top tier guys left ... so the steelers trade them their 24th pick for their 2nd(42nd) 3rd(72nd) 5th(145)

that gives us

2nd: 39th (Wallace trade)... Bobby Massie , OT, Ole Miss ...Visted the Steelers and lets be honest we need help on the OLine

2nd: 42nd (Miami Trade)... Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin ... One of the best guards available , you want to get back to ground and pound? you have to improve the Oline

2nd: 56th... Brandon Washington. OG, Miami ... Will be the LG , Only had like 8 penalty in college , that's something we are not used to and think it would greatly improve the Oline

3rd: 72nd (Miami Trade)... Juron Criner , WR, Arizona ... Not sure if he'll fall this far but hopefully...with wallace gone we need help and the Steelers like him

3rd: 86th... Josh Norman, CB/FS, Coastal Caroline ... i think he can be a ball hawking FS and he actually make plays on the ball something the Steelers lack DB's that can make plays on the ball besides Troy

4th: 119... Akiem Hicks , DE/DT, Canada ... maybe a little high but Steelers brought him in for a visit and obviously has the talent just needs to get used to playing at the higher competition... good roational player and depth with great upside

5th: 145 (Miami Trade)... Ron Brooks, CB, LSU .. Fast, Made plays when giving the opportunity and a great special teams player and gunner

5th: 159... Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU ... Maybe not NT of future but def. somebody that could hold it down for a few years since he's an older prospect and the Steelers brought him in for a visit i believe

6th: 171 (Wallace Trade)... Ryan Miller , OG, Colorado ... Has the versatility to play every position on the Oline a good backup and utility guy

6thth: 193... Marcus Dowtin , ILB, North Alabama ... this is my pick , many ppl might not think he's big enough to play ILB in the 3-4 , but i love his game

7th: 231... Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota State ... just look at his measurables http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=WR ... only played one year of football so a project but def. has the tools

240(Comp) Craig Diehl , FB, Clemson ... i think the best pure blocking FB in the draft

246(Comp) Greg Zuerlein , K , Missouri Western State .... well we need a kicker to compete now it's not the big school guy but some believe he's the best kicker in the draft

248(Comp) Shawn Powell , P, Flordia State ... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...0/shawn-powell
    Last edited by cbrunn; 04-14-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Draft Pick
    This could be fun to play with. I really think Hicks is at least 2 rounds early.

The Steelers aren't going back to ground and pound, our strength is at QB, WR and to some extent TE. Also you don't sign poor blocking 6'8" pass catching tight ends if you plan on running a 3yards and a cloud of dust offense.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    This could be fun to play with. I really think Hicks is at least 2 rounds early.

The Steelers aren't going back to ground and pound, our strength is at QB, WR and to some extent TE. Also you don't sign poor blocking 6'8" pass catching tight ends if you plan on running a 3yards and a cloud of dust offense.
    lol can't make everybody happy ... but don't have to go back to ground and pound as i agree with you ...

Massie stats

He chose Mississippi, lost 20 pounds, started as a freshman and helped the Rebels rank second in the SEC and 14th in the nation with fewest sacks allowed (17). That same season, Massie was a key blocker when Dexter McCluster set the school record with 282 yards rushing against Tennessee.

Last season, despite playing on a 2-10 team that ranked 114th in the nation in total offense (281.25 ypg), Massie was credited with the key block in all 12 of the team's touchdown runs.

According to statistics by The Draft Report, Massie had 102 knockdown blocks last year, tops among tackles in the tough SEC. In his last 29 games Massie blocked for 14 different individual 100-yard rushing games, including two over 200.

and i read somewhere that Zeitler hasn't left up a sack at wisconsin , not sure if the Zeitler stat is completely accurate and can't remember where i read it,

Oline is the biggest Need ... ben can't throw the ball around if he's injured and the most hit QB ....

say our D gets a little worst, which i don't think it will at all, ... and leaves up 20 points a game ... or whatever ... the Offense can finally actually put up great stats and a very balanced Offense cause we have the Skill players but not a good enough line
    Last edited by cbrunn; 04-14-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    ;p; can't make everybody happy ... but don't have to go back to ground and pound as i agree with you ... but Massie was the stud linemen for ole miss who let up the fewest sacks as a team in the tough SEC ... and i read somewhere that Zeitler hasn't left up a sack at wisconsin , not sure if the Zeitler stat is completely accurate and can't remember where i read it,

Oline is the biggest Need ... ben can't throw the ball around if he's injured and the most hit QB ....

say our D gets a little worst ... and leaves up 20 points a game ... or whatever ... the Offense can finally actually put up great stats and a very balanced Offense cause we have the Skill players but not a good enough line
    I agree that the Oline is probably the biggest need, specifically at guard. If they can solidify the guard positions it will make a world of difference. Regarding my comments about ground and pound, they were actually directed at you. I just find it comical how many people think bringing in Haley is a sign that our offensive identity is going to go back in time 10 years. If people would watch tape of his offenses in KC and Arizona they'll see a lot of what we've been doing for the past several years. Yes, there are times he uses a fb out of the I or offset I; however, there are an equal amount of single back and empty set formations.

In your scenario I would like to see some combination of Brooks, Silatua(sp?), Zeitler,Kendricks, and Perry in the 2nd. With my favorite combo being Zeitler, Kendricks, Brooks.

Gilbert
    Zeitler
    Pouncey
    Brooks
    Colon
    Last edited by strummerfan; 04-14-2012 at 08:51 AM.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    I agree that the Oline is probably the biggest need, specifically at guard. If they can solidify the guard positions it will make a world of difference. Regarding my comments about ground and pound, they were actually directed at you. I just find it comical how many people think bringing in Haley is a sign that our offensive identity is going to go back in time 10 years. If people would watch tape of his offenses in KC and Arizona they'll see a lot of what we've been doing for the past several years. Yes, there are times he uses a fb out of the I or offset I; however, there are an equal amount of single back and empty set formations.

In your scenario I would like to see some combination of Brooks, Silatua(sp?), Zeitler,Kendricks, and Perry in the 2nd. With my favorite combo being Zeitler, Kendricks, Brooks.

Gilbert
    Zeitler
    Pouncey
    Brooks
    Colon
    Yeah i agree we have to use the weapons we have around Ben ... and hopefully sanders can stay healthy

and i know the steelers really like Brooks , but i like Zeitler better and i don't think brooks can play LG in the NFL i think he's a RG and Zeitler isn't a LG ... plus i like the fact that Washington played against top competition and was a good producer and doesn't get the yellow flag called , and can play LG

Also i like Marcus Dowtin better then Kendricks ... just as fast ...many scouts say 1st round talent ...but got into a bar fight which made him transfer from Georgia to North Alabama , but seems to have cleared his act up...if he stayed at Georgia with the workout he put up , he would be a first-second round pick

but it's all speculation, hypothetical and opinion ...kind of stuff that happens in the war rooms
    Last edited by cbrunn; 04-14-2012 at 09:13 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Another trade is Miami selects Tannehill , so with an extra third , they have to give him a weapon on offense and with their second they won't have any of the top tier guys left ... so the steelers trade them their 24th pick for their 2nd(42nd) 3rd(72nd) 5th(145)
    no way we get that much if we trade wallace.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Manic
    Nicks is really good he played in Canada cause the NCAA Cartel screwed him .He was the top high school prospect in the nation and got screwed on a recruiting trip so he's worth a 4th rd pick

The Steelers are not going to trade Mike Wallace all this stuff is hot air from his agent the Steelers will pay him and lock him up long term
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 04-14-2012 at 10:40 AM.

2nd String
    miami didn't get wallace the Rams did ... miami got our 24th pick to move up and pair up stephan hill , fleener , or Wr from baylor forget his name with tannehill ...

but yeah i believe Hicks is well value at the 4th round ... he def. won't be there in the 6th ... he'll go 4th-5th ...maybe even raiders with their 3rd round Comp. to learn from Semoyre

My Mood
    Fine
    Why didn't you want Rams 33 pick its there original? Just asking? I'm getting ready to step out but when I'm back I'll use your format and add players to see what it looks like. If they trade Wallace I think they'd take 2 WR.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Why didn't you want Rams 33 pick its there original? Just asking? I'm getting ready to step out but when I'm back I'll use your format and add players to see what it looks like. If they trade Wallace I think they'd take 2 WR.
    Figured they can still get Bobby Massie with the 39th pick , no real reason why i took the 39th pick instead of 33
    and i did take 2 WR just not 2 top ...i'm not sure of the need for 2 top guys...if sanders can stay healthy he's a real solid receiver too, and cotchery signed 2 years

but yeah i think these are 2 trades that could happen, Now i don't think they will but could, but it is fun to play with the format ...they could do a whole lot with all them extra picks, lol i just ask that you put Marcus Dowtin in there for me lol ...i really hope the steelers draft the kid, but i really doubt they will
    Last edited by cbrunn; 04-14-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Thread Information