Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Mock w/ Wallace trade

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    Adjustment to yours would be #42 Mycal Kendricks, #72 Isaiah Peads, #86 Josh Chapman,#119 Josh Norman,#145 Tommy Streeter,#159 Akeem Dent,# 171 Ryan Miller, # 193 Toney Clemons, #231 Jerrell Harris, #240 Marcus Dowtin #246 David Poulson, #248 Delvin Johnson NT Marshall.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-15-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: watched Dowtin tape Nice.

My Mood
    Fine
    Ty Hilton Visited also so It would depend on where you'd want to put him. I have a feeling more guys from Miami will be drafted because the entire Steelers Organization was there. I can see Brandon Washington & Tommy Streeter getting drafted.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-15-2012 at 02:52 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    I can see Dowtin being a 4-6 rd selection. Why did he leave Georgia?
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-15-2012 at 03:08 PM.

2nd String
    Ty just another small fast guy i think we have enough of them... and i would like for them to draft Ronell Lewis in this situation too , but i just don't think we can afford to try to pick another edge rusher, we always take like 2 edge rushers some of them picks have to step up ...

as far as your draft i wouldn't be mad if it played out the way you have it ...but i do like Ron Brooks too , and he's a great special team player but when he got chances for LSU he made plays and all his interceptions were returned for TD's ...

as far as Dowtin ... he got into a bar fight and knocked somebody unconscious and was charged but never went to trail ... he seemed to clean his act up at North Alabama though and seems like a humble good team guy if you listen to some of his interviews ... but i doubt he's even on the steelers radar ... but if we did pick Kendricks and Dowtin, along with Timmons and Sly, that's some real athletic Line backers , i would like that

2nd String
    i like that delvin Johnson ... i think we could get him and kitchen Late-UFA and they could hold down the NT position ... just another option ... there so many options ...seems like this draft is much deeper this year or maybe i'm just paying more attention this year then other years , but it's like it's so many good players late in this draft especially along the DLine ... Johnson , Kitchen, Van Berger (from Michigan)

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Ty just another small fast guy i think we have enough of them... and i would like for them to draft Ronell Lewis in this situation too , but i just don't think we can afford to try to pick another edge rusher, we always take like 2 edge rushers some of them picks have to step up ...

as far as your draft i wouldn't be mad if it played out the way you have it ...but i do like Ron Brooks too , and he's a great special team player but when he got chances for LSU he made plays and all his interceptions were returned for TD's ...

as far as Dowtin ... he got into a bar fight and knocked somebody unconscious and was charged but never went to trail ... he seemed to clean his act up at North Alabama though and seems like a humble good team guy if you listen to some of his interviews ... but i doubt he's even on the steelers radar ... but if we did pick Kendricks and Dowtin, along with Timmons and Sly, that's some real athletic Line backers , i would like that
    Tomlin likes to give guys a chance and of all the talented guys who would ask for another chance I think Dowtin beats Tez & Janoris Jenkins. If Jenkins would of stopped smoking he may of been given a shot. Tez seems like he need a father figure and some big brothers so its possible that if he's there in the 6st The Steelers might say why not.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    i like that delvin Johnson ... i think we could get him and kitchen Late-UFA and they could hold down the NT position ... just another option ... there so many options ...seems like this draft is much deeper this year or maybe i'm just paying more attention this year then other years , but it's like it's so many good players late in this draft especially along the DLine ... Johnson , Kitchen, Van Berger (from Michigan)
    My think with Johnson, Kitchen, VAn Berger & Olineman like Scott Wedige who I like is if you want them draft them in the 7th.
    Most of my selections were based on people who came in for visits or scheduled for visits. As for ILB they brought in Hightower & Kendricks. DE they brought in Derek Wolf & Akeim Hicks. So do you take Hightower & Hicks or Wolf & Kendricks?

In your scenario with extra 2nds I had Wolf,Kendricks,Washington or Brooks in 2nd,Isaiah Peads & Josh Chapman in 3rd. I like these selections..

2nd String
    i don't like hightower ... ILB i'd rather take Kendricks ... not i don't like Hightower i just think he reminds ppl of levon kirkland which isn't a bad thing if it was 10 years ago, ppl don't run like that anymore so you don't need a big buck to take on blocks... so i would go wolf and kendricks

i like both wolf and hicks ... unless we plan on moving Hood to NT though i don't think DE warrents that high of a draft though... i know we need depth behind heyward and hood but i would be ok with getting a solid depth guy 4 or later there a couple solid guys from them rounds ...like kheeston randall from texas and some others

and i know there looking at RB but i just don't see why they have a nice stable of young running backs i think redman and dywer would be a solid 1 2 punch...then batch for a change of pace or even draft a guy like michale smith from utah state ... but out of the 2 running backs they brought in i'd rather Lamichael James

and i like washington better then brooks ... brooks workouts may look better but washington played against better comp. and dominated at guard but when asked to move to LT struggled a little bit ... and i love only 8 flags his whole career

and i hope your right about Dowtin ... i would hate bmore cinci or clev to draft him ...even though he played in 4-3, i read that teams turned on North Alabama tape to scout Jenkins and alot of them was surprised that Dowtin was jumping off the tape ... and i would hate Tez going to bmore because i think ray lewis could get everything out of him and that's not good ...

think UFA possibilities for the Oline could be OT, Dan Knapp from arizona state , killed his pro day sub 5 sec. 40 and 41 reps ...and OG, Ryan Lee from Furman a 5 sec. 40 and 40 reps
    Last edited by cbrunn; 04-15-2012 at 11:25 PM.

2nd String
    go to http://www.youtube.com/user/ShiffSportsMarketing ... if the link don't work ... its youtube and the person is shiffsportsmarketing ...and just watch some of the highlights from the UNA games and how much #38 is making plays or around the ball ...

Thread Information