Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will We See The return of the FB??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I would love to have seen more of the pony backfield with Mendy and Redman, myself. It seemed to have great results when used. I loved quick hitters with Redman up the gut.

Overall I would like to see more imagination in the running game. Not necessarily more running plays, but more imagination in the design of such.

Overall, the key is balance and keeping the defense guessing. That and execution.

Great post, Haze!

C-town

2nd String
    didn't we just sign that FB from the West Virginia pro day?? ... i forget his name and don't feel like looking it up ... but i doubt they draft one since they have him now ... he ran in the 4.5 range and benched 30 reps ...and said he looked real good catching the ball too ... said the tomlin and colbert pulled some sneaky stuff because they didn't want any other teams to get a look at him

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    didn't we just sign that FB from the West Virginia pro day?? ... i forget his name and don't feel like looking it up ... but i doubt they draft one since they have him now ... he ran in the 4.5 range and benched 30 reps ...and said he looked real good catching the ball too ... said the tomlin and colbert pulled some sneaky stuff because they didn't want any other teams to get a look at him

I can't remember his name either, but he played TE.

Draft Pick
    I've been watching some Chiefs and Cardinals videos and it wouldn't surprise me if Haley DOESN'T bring back a true fullback. In the vids I watched his offenses were very similar to what we've seen over the last few years. There were times that they would line up in the I or an offset I, but there were also a lot of single back formations etc.

My Mood
    Fine
    His name is Will Johnson. youtube him and you will be happy. He's more HB however he runs routes,lead blocks and should make the team. I'd also like them to bring in Owen Schmitt & Lenard Pope.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    His name is Will Johnson. youtube him and you will be happy. He's more HB however he runs routes,lead blocks and should make the team. I'd also like them to bring in Owen Schmitt & Lenard Pope.
    That's him, apparently he was originally a WR and converted to TE/HB.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    I've been watching some Chiefs and Cardinals videos and it wouldn't surprise me if Haley DOESN'T bring back a true fullback. In the vids I watched his offenses were very similar to what we've seen over the last few years. There were times that they would line up in the I or an offset I, but there were also a lot of single back formations etc.
    exactly.......

Perfect. Hope he make it. Plus if we make him 85 we save on lettering...

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    The way i see it is good line or not a full back is a necessary position. The Texans use a fullback and there running game is awesome plus the more blockers the better .
    WORD!
    The Tradition Continues!!!

Thread Information