Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brown-Wallace Debate

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

The Brown-Wallace Debate

As much as I really don't care for social media I have found that it has provided me with a useful method of getting to know players.

If you looked at Tweets from Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown side-by-side you'd think they were from different planets at times. One is typically positive and enthusiastic while the other is difficult to read and can be downright negative.

I realize I'm a middle-aged white guy who doesn't 'get it,' but I feel pretty confident in being able to tell which of these two guys the Steelers would like to have long term.

Obviously on field abilities are just slightly more important than ability to Tweet but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who the front office is leaning to should both have similar seasons in 2012.

Food for thought I suppose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Wallace - Straight line speed

Brown - Complete package

It's really that simple. As much as I hate to agree with the walking polska kilbosa Mark Madden, I agree with his assertion that "Wallace wants to be a star ..... not necessarily a Steeler"

I also agree that I really wish Steelers players stayed the hell off of Twitter. For some, they don't have the skills necessary to rep the brand they work for, for others .... it only provides an avenue for outside fans to truly see how spoiled and immature they really are. Very few do it well ....

http://www.timesonline.com/columnist...ec73d2870.html
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Why can't the Steelers have both?....Its not impossible for them to do so........I love Antonio Brown but one thing to keep in mind he really has just one year of being productive.......Plus having Mike Wallace helped AB greatly.......I'm not knocking AB at all and he is one of my favorite Steelers....I love lower round picks that bust their tails to become good players....But we have to see it from AB again.....No doubt Mike Wallace has some things that leave you scratching your head times but he has proven to get better and better every year he has been in the NFL......I want both to be Pittsburgh Steelers for the long term......

My Mood
    Addicted
    I would like to keep both as well, but that is a two-way street. As it was said above, he may not have a problem bolting to another team either.

At this point I like A. Brown just a tad bit better.

ChucktownSteeler

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I would like to keep both as well, but that is a two-way street. As it was said above, he may not have a problem bolting to another team either.

At this point I like A. Brown just a tad bit better.

ChucktownSteeler
    I understand the choice is also up to Mike Wallace on remaining a Steeler long term....But I think to many Steelers fans already think Mike Wallace won't be here long term.......ESPN, NFL Network, etc etc etc reported all off-season that Mike Wallace would be signed by the Pats, Bengals, Ravens, 49ers, Rams, whatever team with cap space even though he was restricted FA....As we see Mike Wallace is still a Steeler.......All I'm saying there is time for the Steelers and Wallace to work out a long term deal......

He will have to visit a team sometime this week to make a deal before the 20th right?

So this coming week could get interesting.

Did wallace actually meet with the 49ers?

2nd String
    you got to understand Wallace opened up a ton of allies for Brown to work ... with every defense HAVING to keep a safety over top of Wallace ... matter of fact i dare teams to go into this season and don't have a safety over top Wallace and keep try to stop Brown...Wallace had like how many straight games of 100 + yard receiving?? then teams HAD TO STOP HIM... main priority of defenses was to stop Wallace from getting deep ... walla on comes the emergence of Brown down the stretch ... Just saying i think they need each other ...and i think both will be a Steeler long term

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    A Brown-Wallace long term tandem could rival Stallworth-Swann. Hope it happens, but I already have Wallace written off. I just don't see the front office bending over backwards for him.

Tailgating in the 'burgh

Draft Pick
    Would certainly like Wallace to stay, but not at the expense of an ungodly contract which hamstings the club in other areas. Also, with him gone maybe Ben becomes a little less long pass happy and you get addition by subtraction.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Wallace has another 1000 yd season he'll be wanting Larry Johnson type money even more than he does now. I still don't think he's anywhere near the complete receiver that Fitz is but you know he'll be asking for a metric ton of cash.

I like both Brown and Sanders from a social media standpoint, both of them engage the fans and show a positive outlook on their careers and life. Wallace just complains way too much and appears to be so full of himself that he can't see past the mirror.

None of us knows him on the inside, and perhaps he does want to truly remain a Steeler. I hope that is the case, but right now he doesn't seem like the type of guy that is going to take a bit less to stay in Pittsburgh like say Hines Ward did in the past. I would love to say that the Steelers can have both guys but I think more will depend on Wallace than it will the Steelers next year.

Thread Information