Thread: K train's draft sleepers 2012

Bookmark and Share

Threaded View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

K train's draft sleepers 2012

Kyle sent this over to me and it's now on the homepage, but why not feature it here too so everyone can talk about it.

Each of the players listed below could fill a need mostly in the mid to later rounds; and with some work could be a diamond in the rough. These guys aren't the ones that usually get invites to the combine, nor are they the center of attention at their school's pro days but NFL scouts and GM's are always on the lookout for them.

T.Y Hilton WR Florida International
    Explosive WR, really could stretch the filed and add depth to the WRs. Would likely take over KR/PR from day one with Antonio Brown being a starter and Emmanuel Sanders injury issues.

Amini Silatolu G Midwestern St

Nasty guard from a smaller school, his tape has him stonewalling and putting defenders on their tails. Might be poor competition but if you are going to play O-Line against bad players, destroying those bad players is what is going to get you noticed.

Hebron Fangupu NT BYU
    Probably the only non Poe/Ta'amu/Chapman NT I'dd be "ok" with this year. He needs some work but could fill in as a space eater quickly. Was a JUCO transfer to BYU but looks pretty legit.

Trenton Robinson FS Michigan St
    They visited and like what they saw....on the smaller side but could play FS, ND, DB. Plays bigger than his is and has the closing speed that Ryan Clark lacks.

Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
    Marvin Mcnutt WR Iowa
    Nick Toon WR Wisconsin
    Brian Quick WR Appalacian State

All 4 of these guys are big, physical WRs....I expect them to target guys like this if they are going to go WR in the first 3-4 rounds which is very possible since Ben likes bigger guys and they seem to think Cotchery is expendable with their lack of urgency resigning him or ability to do so.

BJ Coleman QB Chatanooga
    Coleman is very possible in the later rounds IMO, we need a legit backup...Dixon isn't it, Batch is elderly, and Leftwich looks to be on his way out
    Last edited by K Train; 04-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Thread Information