Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full mock by ChucktownSteeler

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Full mock by ChucktownSteeler

1. Donta Hightower ILB from Alabama 6 Foot 4 260 LBs - This pick is just starting to make too much sense to me. A high need pick (Farrior is gone) and not much after him. The Steelers go ILB, Round 1 If not Hightower is not:

Possible Kevin Zeiter (see below)

2. Kevin Zeitler OG - Wisconsin, OK we shore up the OL and get our guard from Wisconsin. Not Konz, but Zeitler not far behind in talent. Works on the second best line in college football, and is tied for their best prospect with center Konz.

3. Derek Wolfe - DE - Cincy - 6'5" - 302lbsNeed to develop some depth on the DLine behind Ziggy and Heyward. Need to develop a rotation to keep guys fresh and going after the QB. Might be one of the best 3-4 DEs in the draft.

Possible - Josh Chapman - NT - Alabama - The next Casey Hampton. This kid is built to clog the middle of our defense. And I think we could get really lucky if he's available in round 3 due to his knee injury. Something about this kid makes me think he's got Steeler written all over him. Has a guy ever played through an ACL tear like this? Tells me he has a special drive to be great. Also noticed that he sat out one game due to his injury last season and Alabama gave up 300+ yards rushing to Georgia Southern. Makes me wonder if Josh made Alabama's defense and some of his teammates were a little overrated.

4. Shea McClellin, DE, Boise State - 6'3" - 248lbs
    McClellin improved his draft stock with a quality season. He recorded 46 tackles with six sacks, 12.5 tackles for a loss and a blocked kick. Aside from playing as a traditional defensive end, McClellin has lined up as both a stand-up rush linebacker and an inside linebacker. Love this kid's motor (next Aaron Smith)?

Possible - Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami OH - We need to improve our line. Brooks looks to have some potential to dominate. He's huge with decent athleticism. The Steelers have had him in for a visit and I have a suspicion this is the G they're targeting. He has some positional flexibility which the Steelers seem to like.

5. Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor; Comes out of nowhere and finds himself somewhere on every team's draft board; We get him in the middle of the draft;

6. Tommy Streeter - WR - Miami - The big, athletic WR that Big Ben's been wanting since Plax left. This kid is a bit of a freak but raw. He's boom or bust talent that could be worth taking a flyer.

7A. Patrick Witt - QB - Yale - The kid's as good a QB prospect as any of the QBs outside of the top QBs. He's smart, got good size, and a decent arm. Could be a good eventual backup for us.

7B. Donald Stephenson - OT/OG - Oklahoma - Big athletic kid with positional flexibility.

7C. Neiko Thorpe - FS - Auburn - Good athlete with good size and production in the SEC. A guy I think Carnell could work with.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Good stuff chuck town, interesting draft options. I'm not so sure Brooks will be available in the 4th though. His stock has been rising recently from what I've read. I like the pick though, several big mocks have us taking him.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I have to admit, I think Hightower is going to be the pick. As much as I want a nose tackle or O-lineman, HIghtower looks like a Steeler.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    1. Donta Hightower ILB from Alabama 6 Foot 4 260 LBs - This pick is just starting to make too much sense to me. A high need pick (Farrior is gone) and not much after him. The Steelers go ILB, Round 1 If not Hightower is not:

2. Kevin Zeitler OG - Wisconsin, OK we shore up the OL and get our guard from Wisconsin. Not Konz, but Zeitler not far behind in talent. Works on the second best line in college football, and is tied for their best prospect with center Konz.

3. Derek Wolfe - DE - Cincy - 6'5" - 302lbsNeed to develop some depth on the DLine behind Ziggy and Heyward. Need to develop a rotation to keep guys fresh and going after the QB. Might be one of the best 3-4 DEs in the draft.

Possible - Josh Chapman - NT - Alabama - The next Casey Hampton. This kid is built to clog the middle of our defense. And I think we could get really lucky if he's available in round 3 due to his knee injury. Something about this kid makes me think he's got Steeler written all over him. Has a guy ever played through an ACL tear like this? Tells me he has a special drive to be great. Also noticed that he sat out one game due to his injury last season and Alabama gave up 300+ yards rushing to Georgia Southern. Makes me wonder if Josh made Alabama's defense and some of his teammates were a little overrated.

McClellin improved his draft stock with a quality season. He recorded 46 tackles with six sacks, 12.5 tackles for a loss and a blocked kick. Aside from playing as a traditional defensive end, McClellin has lined up as both a stand-up rush linebacker and an inside linebacker. Love this kid's motor (next Aaron Smith)?

Possible - Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami OH - We need to improve our line. Brooks looks to have some potential to dominate. He's huge with decent athleticism. The Steelers have had him in for a visit and I have a suspicion this is the G they're targeting. He has some positional flexibility which the Steelers seem to like.

5. Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor; Comes out of nowhere and finds himself somewhere on every team's draft board; We get him in the middle of the draft;

6. Tommy Streeter - WR - Miami - The big, athletic WR that Big Ben's been wanting since Plax left. This kid is a bit of a freak but raw. He's boom or bust talent that could be worth taking a flyer.

7A. Patrick Witt - QB - Yale - The kid's as good a QB prospect as any of the QBs outside of the top QBs. He's smart, got good size, and a decent arm. Could be a good eventual backup for us.

7B. Donald Stephenson - OT/OG - Oklahoma - Big athletic kid with positional flexibility.

7C. Neiko Thorpe - FS - Auburn - Good athlete with good size and production in the SEC. A guy I think Carnell could work with.
    zeitler in 2 is amazing, 1 its awful. hightower, zeitler, chapman imo would be as close to perfect as you can get. brooks is likely a 2nd or 3rd rounder at worst

everything looks good, except for mccellin being the next aaron smith, thats a travesty of a comparison and not even close to being similar players

My Mood
    Manic
    I attended a few Yale games this year my former high school coach was an assistant coach for the eli's anyway Witt is a solid #2 prospect for us.I like Chapman but if we wait there is a good 2013 class coming http://walterfootball.com/draft2013NT.php

check out POE'S round projection for his senior year
    But i also think our future NT is already on the team Hood is the one
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 04-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    zeitler in 2 is amazing, 1 its awful. hightower, zeitler, chapman imo would be as close to perfect as you can get. brooks is likely a 2nd or 3rd rounder at worst

everything looks good, except for mccellin being the next aaron smith, thats a travesty of a comparison and not even close to being similar players
    K Train, If the Steelers move back to 30-32 and pickup an extra 2nd rounder would you take Zeitler at 30-32 pick? I say Why wait if Hightower is gone. Move back and take the nasty Guard Zeitler.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    K Train, If the Steelers move back to 30-32 and pickup an extra 2nd rounder would you take Zeitler at 30-32 pick? I say Why wait if Hightower is gone. Move back and take the nasty Guard Zeitler.
    Agreed....I'm beginning to think Hightower will be gone before we pick...I'm all for trading down and taking Zeitler.
    The Tradition Continues!!!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    No way the Steelers take 3 DL in this draft.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    No way the Steelers take 3 DL in this draft.
    Shea McClellin, DE, Boise State - 6'3" - 248lbs can also play OLB.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I gave it some thought and am staying put with my mock. There's some good talent listed here and I am still convinced the defense needs addressed more than the offense. I did see a mock that had Shea McClellin going to the Packers in Round 1. That was surprising, I hadn't seen him projected much higher than a #3 round selection. Anyway, I am staying pat (what do I know, I only had 1 right last year, Cortez Allen).

Last edited by ChucktownSteeler; 04-23-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: fix spelling error

Thread Information