Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Isiah Pead visits Steelers facility

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Isiah Pead visits Steelers facility

The visits continue for the Steelers as they host Isaih Pead today. They talked with him at the combine and both parties had good things to say about each other. Pead's stock has risen this offseason and while the Steelers may be interested in him it's unknown right now if they'll even get the chance to draft him given their other pressing needs.

The Steelers are meeting with University of Cincinnati running back Isaiah Pead today at their South Side practice facility.
    Pead rushed for 1,259 yards and 12 touchdowns last season, and his stock has only risen since he concluded a decorated career at Cincinnati. The 5-10, 197-pounder won offensive MVP honors at the Senior Bowl in January, and he ran a 4.47 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

The Steelers interviewed Pead at the Combine, and coach Mike Tomlin said last week that the team will add at least one running back through free agency or the draft.

Pead is considered one of the top running backs in a class that has only one surefire first-round pick in Alabama's Trent Richardson.

pead is incredibly instinctive with the ball, he reminds me a lot of lesean mccoy when he runs. tiki barber might be another good comparison.

a lot of people are like omg not a RB that high, but the truth remains that without mendenhall the steelers are crippled at RB and while maybe you can say RBs are a dime a dozen that may be true but you cant just bank on hitting a homerun on an UDFA sometimes. Redman is not the answer or even remotely close to it, dwyer could be the answer, and batch is 100% unknown still....if pead can be productive from day 1 and hes their 3rd round pick im all for it

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    pead is incredibly instinctive with the ball, he reminds me a lot of lesean mccoy when he runs. tiki barber might be another good comparison.

a lot of people are like omg not a RB that high, but the truth remains that without mendenhall the steelers are crippled at RB and while maybe you can say RBs are a dime a dozen that may be true but you cant just bank on hitting a homerun on an UDFA sometimes. Redman is not the answer or even remotely close to it, dwyer could be the answer, and batch is 100% unknown still....if pead can be productive from day 1 and hes their 3rd round pick im all for it
    I agree 1000%! I could honestly see them releasing Mendy...

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I agree 1000%! I could honestly see them releasing Mendy...
    An ACL tear like Batch, Mendy, Peterson.. Its tuff. Hightower had an ACL, MCL and Cartilage damage. I lost my #1 pick fever with him. Im back to Konz and Glenn and maybe Upshaw. I think these three can start.
    Pead is on my love to see him play in B&G list.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

I say all the time RB's are a dime a dozen but with Mendenhall down for the count for the first part of 2012 or maybe done as a Steeler yea no doubt RB is a big need for the team......I disagree about Redman, I don't think he is week in and week out bell cow RB but I do think he has proven he can be successful as a RB tandem and deserves to have more carries in 2012........

I like the Shady MCcoy comparison........Shady was my guy when he was at Pitt......If Pead is anything close to that in the NFL then the team drafting him will get a big time steal....Hope its the Steelers.....

I think it's clear that without Mendy the Steelers are not confident in their RBs. They know Redman is not the answer and don't know what Dwyer or Batch will be. I think Batch could replace Moore but don't see him as a starter. I'd be surprised if the Steelers passed on Pead in the 3rd if he is there unless somebody higher on their board falls.
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 04-04-2012 at 01:01 AM.

as much as i like pead im sort of fearful they would take him in the second to make sure they get their guy. cant say i would HATE it but they might like him a little more than i do and they have been known to do that.

love him in the 3rd, meh in the second....incredible in the 4th lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    as much as i like pead im sort of fearful they would take him in the second to make sure they get their guy. cant say i would HATE it but they might like him a little more than i do and they have been known to do that.

love him in the 3rd, meh in the second....incredible in the 4th lol
    Steelers picking so late in the 2nd its almost like a third round pick anyway......

My Mood
    Fight
    Don't want a RB, we need Defense or Oline cause you can't run the ball if you are always playing catch up or have no blocking
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Sorry but I don't agree with the RB position being in dire need. RB's ARE a dime a dozen and the needs we have on both the offensive and defensive lines are waaaaaaaaaaaaay greater then at the runningback position.

Because if we don't get that O-line fixed, it won't matter who is the runningback.

We can throw a late round pick or two at Carolina for Stewart if we had to.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information