Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poe will be avalible at 24 but should we take him?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I think if it comes down to Hightower or Poe we would take Hightower.If that happens Colbert should lose his job
    For passing on Poe?....who really wasn't that productive in college......Poe will fall into the 2nd round........There is a reason he has gone from a top 10 pick to maybe being there at 24 now for the Steelers....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Poe will fall to the 2nd round of the draft....just watch.........
    i guarantee this doesnt happen, the k train guarantee

wasnt productive is such a misconception, he doesnt have eye popping tape but not productive is what over analyzers are gonna say about him.

The thing with Poe is that its hard for them to put him at the NT spot since they have a guy in DeAngelo McCray whos more of a true NT, so they need him there, but he is quite an athletic big guy and his coach was quoted saying that he would be a top olympic level lifter (their weights coach does coach olympic level lifters). The dude is an absolute freak and is incredibly naturally strong and nimble

You have to keep in mind that Memphis was among the least talented teams in FBS football last year, and the "guy plugs up the middle allowing others to make plays" concept only works when there are people capable of making plays other than the guy who plugs up the middle.

I think Poe was the only guy who was capable of getting pressure from anywhere, so they put him in the place where he can get the most pressure, but this does make him look less effective on tape.

his potential is too high to let him drop to the second, id love him as a steeler...he would thrive on this defense because there is so much talent up front

My Mood
    Addicted
    I take either Hightower or Poe at #24. I really think the #1 pick needs to be either one of these guys (or BPA on defense). We can get quality OL help in rounds 2 to 4.

Yes, the "D" had good stats this year, but I think they were helped in part by very weak QBs they faced (through no fault of theirs).

The secondary will be improved with the loss of Gay (look for Lewis or Allen to step up) and Myron Rolle could be a steal at safety.

ChucktownSteeler
    Last edited by ChucktownSteeler; 04-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If we don't take hightower, he'll be a raven for sure.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

the secondary will be improved with the loss of gay

This injury may change the board for us...

Jason Peters has sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon = Eagles were looking for DT or ILB in the draft

They now need an OT

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    This injury may change the board for us...

Jason Peters has sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon = Eagles were looking for DT or ILB in the draft

They now need an OT
    they signed demetrius bell for 5 years

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i guarantee this doesnt happen, the k train guarantee

wasnt productive is such a misconception, he doesnt have eye popping tape but not productive is what over analyzers are gonna say about him.

The thing with Poe is that its hard for them to put him at the NT spot since they have a guy in DeAngelo McCray whos more of a true NT, so they need him there, but he is quite an athletic big guy and his coach was quoted saying that he would be a top olympic level lifter (their weights coach does coach olympic level lifters). The dude is an absolute freak and is incredibly naturally strong and nimble

You have to keep in mind that Memphis was among the least talented teams in FBS football last year, and the "guy plugs up the middle allowing others to make plays" concept only works when there are people capable of making plays other than the guy who plugs up the middle.

I think Poe was the only guy who was capable of getting pressure from anywhere, so they put him in the place where he can get the most pressure, but this does make him look less effective on tape.

his potential is too high to let him drop to the second, id love him as a steeler...he would thrive on this defense because there is so much talent up front
    To me Poe is the classic boom or bust prospect......I'm not an expert on Memphis football at all so I really can't comment that much about Poe......I rather have Hightower......

i think hes more like incredibly boom take over the world type ceiling, and his floor is like a more athletic shaun rogers. dont really see a high straight bust factor with him. it obviously exists, i just have faith he can at least be a decent player if he doesnt end up being ngata...good coaching will go a long way

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    To me Poe is the classic boom or bust prospect......I'm not an expert on Memphis football at all so I really can't comment that much about Poe......I rather have Hightower......
    I agree

Thread Information