Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poe will be avalible at 24 but should we take him?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic

Poe will be avalible at 24 but should we take him?

The buzz from Dontari Poe's intoxicating combine performance seems to be waring off. as th4e scouts come back to earth and look at his game film they see potential and raw talent . I think the Steelers are the perfect team to take him and let him learn from Hamp and Keisel ,Hood and Heyward or do we pass on his potential and take an offensive lineman.IMO Cordy Glenn,Konz,Kalil or Decastro are the only o-line worthy of a 1st rd pick.
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 04-02-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Konz will be there. But does he play guard or would Pouncey move over to left guard?

Poe still wont fall to #24 What if Courtney Upshaw falls to #24?

My Mood
    Manic
    Upshaw IMO doesn't have a true position in the pro game he's too small for OLB and too slow for ILB.Poe will be available at 24 .Konz can play guard and be our back up center

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    The buzz from Dontari Poe's intoxicating combine performance seems to be waring off. as th4e scouts come back to earth and look at his game film they see potential and raw talent . I think the Steelers are the perfect team to take him and let him learn from Hamp and Keisel ,Hood and Heyward or do we pass on his potential and take an offensive lineman.IMO Cordy Glenn,Konz,Kalil or Decastro are the only o-line worthy of a 1st rd pick.
    Right after the combine I stated he's workouts wouldn't change his draft status and I was laughed at. I can name dozens of very athletic players that never live up to their potential . Poe is going to need at least a year to develop so to answer your question, yes I take him at 24, I believe we have that luxury with our current defense.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

If Poe is there at 24, I'd be upset if the Steelers passed on him but I doubt he will be. I feel almost as strongly about taking Poe as I did about Pouncey.

My Mood
    Fine
    If Poe is there I'd still take Hightower and grab Chapman later on.

im fairly confident you take him just to prevent him from going to the ravens....a line with ngata, cody, poe as a long term future...FU*K THAT...thats over a thousand pounds of man on the 3 man line.

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Right after the combine I stated he's workouts wouldn't change his draft status and I was laughed at. I can name dozens of very athletic players that never live up to their potential . Poe is going to need at least a year to develop so to answer your question, yes I take him at 24, I believe we have that luxury with our current defense.
    wrong, he plays the easiest position to translate into the pros, especially as a rotational NT/DT. its not like he needs to bulk up or get stronger, hes pure beast through and through. Raji didnt need a full year even with a lengthy holdout, phil taylor didnt need a full year and poe is much more talented and actually much more productive than taylor who was also a high pick based on his size and strength despite not really jumping out on tape. Ngata didnt need a year before he was unblockable...ect

just cause he played on a bad team doesnt automatically mean he needs years of seasoning before hes an effective NFL player

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Poe will fall to the 2nd round of the draft....just watch.........

My Mood
    Manic
    I think if it comes down to Hightower or Poe we would take Hightower.If that happens Colbert should lose his job

Thread Information