Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Opening Day

Even with 19 consecutive losing seasons by the Pirates, I still get pumped for opening day.......I know the Buccos, nosed dived after the all-star break last year but still at least they showed some kind of life leading the NL Central at the break.....I still don't expect the post-season from the Pirates this year but I do think this Pirates team has a good shot to finish over 500......First up the Phillies at PNC Park this Thursday.......Come on Buccos end the 19 years of misery....lol

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Let's Go Buccos this is the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Mad
    I'm bumping this thread....come on lets keep some Pirates talk going.....Bucs with back to back walk off hits to win the 2 out of the 3 against the goons from Philly.....lol Presley last night in the bottom of the 10th and McCutchen in the bottom of the 9th today.......Great series for the Pirates....They pitched well and executed situational baseball....moving runners over at key times....Not much power on this Pirates team so manufacturing runs will be key all-season.....Nice start to the season and lets move on to LA to face the Dodgers.......

I love the Bucs....but I honestly haven't watched much baseball in years. I can only name a couple of current Pirates. I can still remember almost every player from the 80's teams. I still remember my first game at 3Rivers when Omar walked and my dad told me watch him he's going to steal second on the next pitch. It happened and I thought my dad was a baseball God.

I hope I can teach my son about baseball someday, but it will not happen unless they are winners. Glad to see they are off to a good start, but I will temper my expectations until early August.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    I love the Bucs....but I honestly haven't watched much baseball in years. I can only name a couple of current Pirates. I can still remember almost every player from the 80's teams. I still remember my first game at 3Rivers when Omar walked and my dad told me watch him he's going to steal second on the next pitch. It happened and I thought my dad was a baseball God.

I hope I can teach my son about baseball someday, but it will not happen unless they are winners. Glad to see they are off to a good start, but I will temper my expectations until early August.
    The Pirates have a ton of young talent (especially in their minor league system)......This is the time to start following this team.......This current team isn't far of from finally finishing over .500 if things go their way this year.....The Bucs pitching staff pitched very well in the first half of the season last year and the Pirates were even in first place in the NL central at the all-star break.....The pitching staff did break down in the 2nd half of the season last year........This Pirates team is going to be scrappy bunch all year and really its an easy team to root for and its going to be fun to watch this team grow......

My Mood
    Mad
    The Pirates won 5-4 tonight despite being down twice tonight vs the Rockies.....The Pirates are just 7-9 but have been competitive in all games this year.......The Pirates starting pitching staff has an ERA of 2.80 but is only 2-7...........

It's just depressing to see the Pirates loose again this year...I love the Pirates, but I started watching the nationals recently just to have some excitement!

Pirates need to start winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Mad
    Raise The Jolly Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pirates win 4-2 and have beaten the Nats for the second straight night.....McCutchen 4-4 tonight with a HR............Pirates only two games under .500......There is many things to like about this Pirates team and there is a ton of talent in their minor leagues......

My Mood
    Mad
    Josh Harrison with a walk off single in the bottom of the 12th and the Buccos win 3-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raise The Jolly Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bucs only two games under .500 and hopefully they can put together a 7-8 game winning streak......

My Mood
    Mad
    Pirates win today and they're back to .500 for the season....James McDonald is on the mound today for the Bucs......James is coming into his own this season.......Big three game series vs the first place Reds.........

Thread Information