Thread: Steelers hosting OT Demetrius Bell and draft prospects Brandon Brooks & Zachary Nolan.

Bookmark and Share

Steelers hosting OT Demetrius Bell and draft prospects Brandon Brooks & Zachary Nolan.

The Steelers are hosting a trio of players today, including their first NFL free agent.

The team is meeting with Buffalo Bill offensive tackle Demetrius Bell as well as Miami (Ohio) guard Brandon Brooks and former Stanford long snapper Zachary Nolan.

Bell, 27, has started parts of the last two seasons at left tackle. The 6-5, 311-pounder played in seven games in 2011 before sustaining a season-ending knee injury. Bell, a seventh-round pick in 2008, has had trouble staying healthy but is just now entering the prime of his career.

Steelers offensive line coach Sean Kugler spent two seasons working with Bell before leaving Buffalo for Pittsburgh.

The Steelers are also taking a closer look at the 6-5, 343-pound Brooks, who did not get an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine but performed well at Miami's Pro Day and Nolan, Stanford's starting long snapper from 2008-2010.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1qcsuUzTU
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 03-30-2012 at 02:33 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They sure have a thing for the Bills players; Sean Kugler probably speaks well of him so they want to see what he's about.

Brooks is one that I know K train likes as a possibility in his draft. The more offensive lineman they look at, the better.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 03-30-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Bell, knee injury, sign his *** he'll fit right in! lol

Glad to see they're starting to bring in some rejects from the other 31 teams, maybe they'll find something...

The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly are moving quickly to shore up their offensive line in the wake of the devastating Achilles injury to tackle Jason Peters that could jeopardize his 2012 season.

Free-agent tackle Demetrius Bell is scheduled to arrive in Philadelphia on Saturday night to visit the Eagles and will spend the night in town, a league source told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Bell visited with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Friday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Bell's visit was the Steelers' first with a free agent this offseason.

Bell, who played for the Buffalo Bills for the past three seasons, isn't the only tackle the Eagles have been linked to. Left tackle Marcus McNeill's agent, Alvin Keels, told ProFootballTalk.com that the Eagles had reached out to his client, though he said it's too early in the process to gauge the seriousness of the Eagles' interest. McNeill made the Pro Bowl in 2006 and 2007 with the San Diego Chargers.

My Mood
    Patriotic
    Why even bother looking at D. Bell. They can't afford him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree that they don't have the leverage to go after Bell or really anyone else until after the draft. I would look for some other restructures or possible releases after they see what needs they've been able to work in the draft. Bell will be gone by then but there is always a rash of players dropped after the draft if not just before.

Bell has had his injury issues, but would be a nice pickup. Would they kick Colon down to Guard like they have spoken about for years now?

My Mood
    Manic
    Bell shouldn't be that expensive he's only started 10 games since 2008.I can't see how he would cost more than Starks?

The Philadelphia Eagles and offensive tackle Demetress Bell have agreed to terms on a five-year deal, the team announced Wednesday.

Thread Information