Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: JollyRobs mock draft

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine

    JollyRobs mock draft

    1.Hightower ILB Alabama
    2.Brandon Brooks OG Miami Ohio
    3. Derek Wolfe DE Cincy
    4. Trent Robinson Mich ST
    5.Delvin Johnson NT Marshall
    6. Tom Compton South Dakota/Lucas Nix Pitt OT
    7.Gerrell Robinson Arizona st /Ty Hilton FL International WR
    7a. Scott Wedige OC/OC NIU
    7b. Darius Fleming ND / Shea Mccellin Boise OLB
    7c. Randy Bullock AtM Kicker/Jorden Jefferson/Kellen Moore QB

    What do you think. I selected a few guys that Colbert & Tomlin visited with or brought in for visits so far. As well as some that Interviewed with a Steelers site and I like them.

    One thing I forgot was a BAckup QB. I'd give in place of a Kicker. Kellen Moore or Jorden Jefferson
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-28-2012 at 04:08 PM.

  2. #2
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    1.Hightower ILB Alabama
    2.Brandon Brooks OG Miami Ohio
    3. Derek Wolfe DE Cincy
    4. Trent Robinson Mich ST
    5.Delvin Johnson NT Marshall
    6. Tom Compton South Dakota/Lucas Nix Pitt OT
    7.Gerrell Robinson Arizona st /Ty Hilton FL International WR
    7a. Scott Wedige OC/OC NIU
    7b. Darius Fleming ND / Shea Mccellin Boise OLB
    7c. Randy Bullock AtM Kicker/Jorden Jefferson/Kellen Moore QB

    What do you think. I selected a few guys that Colbert & Tomlin visited with or brought in for visits so far. As well as some that Interviewed with a Steelers site and I like them.

    One thing I forgot was a BAckup QB. I'd give in place of a Kicker. Kellen Moore or Jorden Jefferson
    to start i don't like hightower in the 1st ...
    2nd i think they def go guard 2nd brooks maybe a reach in the second but if you like him, which seems like they do cause they watched him at the pro day , then you take him
    3rd... i know they brought wolfe in for a interview and they usually always pick guys they bring in, but i hope they don't go DE here ...it's not a need or anything... unless they plan on moving hood to NT
    4th ... i like trent robinson ...think he could be a good safety ...my thing is he's just a little small though

    don't know much about them other guys but i would love if that kicker falls to us as a comp pick

  3. #3
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,213
    I don't understand what there is not to like about Hightower. He is a pretty perfect match in our system, he fills a glaring need and the value at 24 is right around right.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  4. #4
    2nd String MDSteel15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brunswick, MD
    Posts
    983
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    Want nothing to do with Jefferson in any round! He has no chance in hell of wearing a Steeler uniform...

  5. #5
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,662
    seeing more and more hightower/brooks 1-2...ill take credit for that lol

  6. #6
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    to start i don't like hightower in the 1st ...
    2nd i think they def go guard 2nd brooks maybe a reach in the second but if you like him, which seems like they do cause they watched him at the pro day , then you take him
    3rd... i know they brought wolfe in for a interview and they usually always pick guys they bring in, but i hope they don't go DE here ...it's not a need or anything... unless they plan on moving hood to NT
    4th ... i like trent robinson ...think he could be a good safety ...my thing is he's just a little small though

    don't know much about them other guys but i would love if that kicker falls to us as a comp pick
    It was reported that Colbert & Tomlin were all over him. Thats why I selected him there plus we need depth/future FS.

  7. #7
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I don't understand what there is not to like about Hightower. He is a pretty perfect match in our system, he fills a glaring need and the value at 24 is right around right.
    I actually like him as a replacement for Harrison after next year. But would love him as our ILB.
    I also think Mortty Ivy has a shot to win that spot.
    Bleed black and gold Suggested we sign RFA Larry Grant from San Fran. He has a 7th round tender and filled in for Willis against us and played well. He's a former Ohio St guy.
    http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/20...t-larry-grant/
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-29-2012 at 03:20 PM.

  8. #8
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    seeing more and more hightower/brooks 1-2...ill take credit for that lol
    Yup. PS LOved you on the pod cast.

  9. #9
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    Want nothing to do with Jefferson in any round! He has no chance in hell of wearing a Steeler uniform...
    Kellen Moore would be the perfect career backup. He's accurate,gets the ball out quick and will be given time to grow & get stronger.

  10. #10
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    I don't like hightower , because the NFL is changing, yes he a huge ILB a beast at stopping the run... but what about pass coverage?? ...and also i mean give Sylvester a chance , He might do good and then you don't need a ILB and can use that pick on a weapon for Ben or depth at some other position...take a LB later in the draft like Nigel Bradham or James Michal-Johnson, that will give depth and competition for Sylvester ...

    Our offense has the ability to be very very potent ...just missing maybe another weapon at say the TE position that can create major mismatches ...

    Just my 2 cents though

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Football Gameplan's Mock Draft Video - Final Mock
    By EmDiggy in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 08:54 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 04:26 AM
  3. Draft Notebook Mock Draft.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 01:11 AM
  4. Pro Draft Talk Mock Draft
    By Blitzburgh55 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 06:40 PM
  5. Mock Draft
    By Koopa in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •