Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linebackers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    yeah but for how long?? farrior at least has a couple more years left in him and he keeps restructuring his contract so he can stay and not be a huge hit to the cap, i think we can draft someone next year to groom, plus we got rian wallace waiting for a chance too........if porter is back it's probably just to play out the contract and then he's bolting for a big payday
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    He reminds of A. Thomas from the Ravens.
    Hes a UFA this year too. I know we didn't get into the FA market a lot in the past but we do have a new coach.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Hes a UFA this year too. I know we didn't get into the FA market a lot in the past but we do have a new coach.
    I hear you bro. I just don't get my hopes up in free agency. Yes the Steelers have signed the likes of Jeff Hartings and James Farrior in the last 5 or so years. But I would expect A. Thomas to be out of the Steelers price range. I'm sure Thomas is looking for a huge pay day. But he would be a nice player for the Steelers. The perfect hybrid OLB/DE.

I also think that whether porter stays or goes, James Harrison is gonna get alot more playing time.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I've been reading here lately about David Harris and that hes the real leader of the Wolverines Defense. Speaking of MLB's just my 2 cents.

Senior Bowl practice notes:
    Monday Practice Notes: A powerful player who diagnoses plays quickly and shows power in taking on blockers. He fails to distinguish himself in coverage.
    Tuesday Practice Notes: Looked really strong at the point. Also showed good footwork in pass-cover drills though he rarely made any plays on the ball in scrimmage. Showed a lot of range and covered a good amount of area in scrimmage which is a big positive.
    Wednesday Practice Notes: Around the ball a lot, though he did not make many plays. Again showed good range and covered a nice amount of area on the field.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

heres the rankings for DEs

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Hey Jay Moore had a great Senior Bowl. He would be guy to look at in the 2nd to 3rd rounds.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Either way Tomlin goes he needs to draft the best pass rusher available and fit the scheme around him. I like Carriker too, some people are comparing him to A. Smith hes around 6'6" 290lbs.

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

im kinda liking woodly...hes 6-2....but so is porter

Thread Information