Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cotchery to visit Chiefs

Bookmark and Share
    Instead of bringing back an iffy Hampton they should of spent the $ on Cotchery!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricker24 View Post
    it's not as easy as just saying, "go sign him!" the Steelers are barely under the cap for 2012 and they're gonna have draft picks to sign. you really think Cotchery is going to just sign with the Steelers to be the 3rd receiver behind Brown and Wallace and not see if some other team might let him start? i trust the Steelers track record and i wish more people would realize that.
    Steelers track record is also not investing in corners as of late. How's that working out? Somethings have to updated as time goes by. The league is changing and unfortunately we have to tweek our methods with the changes.

With that said, Ben has no safty valve other then Miller. On three WR sets, they need Cotchery to be a safty valve along with Miller to give Ben a chance not to take the hits he's been taking. That's something that Haley had in Arizona.

Those guys are invaluable. Especially one with hands like glue like Cotchery's.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Steelers track record is also not investing in corners as of late. How's that working out? Somethings have to updated as time goes by. The league is changing and unfortunately we have to tweek our methods with the changes.

With that said, Ben has no safty valve other then Miller. On three WR sets, they need Cotchery to be a safty valve along with Miller to give Ben a chance not to take the hits he's been taking. That's something that Haley had in Arizona.

Those guys are invaluable. Especially one with hands like glue like Cotchery's.
    I seem to remember the FO resigning Ike and TP just a last year, not to mention investing 5-6 draft picks in the last 3 years. Sanders as a #3 and Mendy or Redman as a dump off are just fine. Call me crazy, but I seem to remember those "hands of glue" dropping a critical 3rd down pass or two in Mile High Stadium. At least 50% of the hits Ben takes are on Ben and no one else.

My Mood
    Manic
    Number 99 i agree .I guess i'm saying they could have played it better knowing that they had to sign Wallace and brown and Sanders next year.Cotchery has said he would rather have a super bowl ring than a starting job plus he can take Sanders job right now remember Tomlin likes Tough veterens not 3rd year china dolls.

the sky is fine in NEW England
    Strummerfan What should they do let everyone go and just fill the holes with the draft?
    Wallace dropped a crucial game turning bomb if he caught that pass there is no overtime plus Cotchery caught the only TD pass

Last year they should have kept Crezdon Butler but instead they wasted a bunch of money on MCfadden and now he's gone they could have locked him up for 3 yrs (Butler)
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 03-23-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Number 99 i agree .I guess i'm saying they could have played it better knowing that they had to sign Wallace and brown and Sanders next year.Cotchery has said he would rather have a super bowl ring than a starting job plus he can take Sanders job right now remember Tomlin likes Tough veterens not 3rd year china dolls.

Strummerfan What should they do let everyone go and just fill the holes with the draft?
    Wallace dropped a crucial game turning bomb if he caught that pass there is no overtime plus Cotchery caught the only TD pass

Last year they should have kept Crezdon Butler but instead they wasted a bunch of money on MCfadden and now he's gone they could have locked him up for 3 yrs (Butler)

Hello? They haven't even lost anyone other than Merideth and you act as if the season is in jeopardy. Cotchery may or may not leave, but it's not like he's some major piece of the offense. He's more insurance than anything else. You can go and look it up the last cut came down to Lewis or Butler and they went with Lewis. It didn't have squat to do with a 3 year old Mcfadden contract. Seriously step away from the edge, the Steelers know what they're doing.

Draft Pick
    we need cotchery, wallace is gone after this yr if not sooner ( i pray) and we have to keep Brown and sanders....may not look so good in 2013 if we lose Cotchery

My Mood
    Manic
    I'm not on the edge it's an opinion ever heard of one? I'M sorry you don't agree stop trying to make it personal

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I want Cotchery back, our only definite is Brown right now. Wallace may or may not be gone.....and Sanders has only shown that he isnt dependable yet....hopefully not an injury prone career

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

wallace is staying. 89 needs to be signed.. it seems both team and them are waiting for April 20th to let the tables clear.

the steelers dont know who to pay right now. if 89 had an acl injury we would have signed him already.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post

I'm a Bmac fan but would of kept Butler.

Thread Information