Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hines Ward to announce retirement!...It's official the great Hines Ward calls it a career

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    they didn't retire joe greene's so i doubt they're gonna retire 86 #70 is the only number that is officially retired by the steelers
    list of players that wore #86
    98 to present Hines Ward
    1996 John Farquhar
    1995 Damon Mays
    90-94 Eric Green
    85-87 Preston Gothard
    83-84 Greg Garrity
    77-82 Jim Smith
    74-75 Reggie Garrett
    1973 Glenn Scolnick
    66-70 J.R Wilburn
    Hines briefly wore #15
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 03-21-2012 at 08:46 AM.

I think a lot of fans are going to want to shed tears for this great player, a true gentleman and rep of good sportsmanship. It goes to show not all of these athletes are about the $.
    Speaking of which I wonder what T.Tebow will be saying to the Preist in confessional this Sunday?
    We as hard working blue collar Americans need to put a stop to things like with Manning getting 96million! The man cant even play due to injury. 96 million could provide free health care for low income families in an entire state. Fix miles of roadways, and bridges. Lower property taxes or at least provide more cash for local officials from my home town in luzerne county Pa to put into off shore accounts and or launder thru the Kids for cash scams.

My Mood
    Love
    Good decision Hines. It would have been very hard to see you play for another team. Beside, you said you want to retire a Pittsburgh Steeler. Now you can ride off into the sunset. And i suspect we'll be seeing him in the booth or on set somewhere?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

One day after Hines Ward announced his retirement from the Steelers and the NFL, he received another job offer in football -- as a high school coach.

"I got an email from the athletic director, asking if I had any interest," Ward said with a laugh about his first post-retirement job offer. "I woke up this morning and it was the first thing I read."

The offer, Ward said, came from the prestigious private Westminster School in Atlanta. Ward lives in suburban Atlanta.
    He is not ready, however, to jump at any offers now and coaching football is not on his radar.

He will take his mother on a vacation, probably Hawaii, to celebrate her 65th birthday, relax a little and then decide what to do next. He said he's had many opportunities that his lawyer and business manager, Andy Ree, will initially sift through.
    He promised whatever he does, his presence will be felt in Pittsburgh, including those Sunday events in the fall at Heinz Field.

"I still want to have strong ties in Pittsburgh," Ward said in a telephone interview from Atlanta one day after his emotional press conference at the Steelers facilities to formally announce his retirement. "I have charitable things and I still want to be a big part of that. I may not be at every game but you'll definitely see my presence in Pittsburgh. That is home away from home. I can spend time in Atlanta during the week, and whatever opportunity there is for me I'll fly up there."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...-offer-627335/

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Hines thanks for all the excitement you gave us. I am pleased to see you retire with class. You'll be remembered as a great Steelers player instead of something else. Good luck in your future endeavors.

And their fans.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by fbsketcher View Post
    I think a lot of fans are going to want to shed tears for this great player, a true gentleman and rep of good sportsmanship. It goes to show not all of these athletes are about the $.
    Speaking of which I wonder what T.Tebow will be saying to the Preist in confessional this Sunday?
    We as hard working blue collar Americans need to put a stop to things like with Manning getting 96million! The man cant even play due to injury. 96 million could provide free health care for low income families in an entire state. Fix miles of roadways, and bridges. Lower property taxes or at least provide more cash for local officials from my home town in luzerne county Pa to put into off shore accounts and or launder thru the Kids for cash scams.
    That, although outrageous, is nothing compared to round ballers, baseball players of questionable repute and ******* movie stars. It is entertainment, you and me like to see it, more than glad to pay for it and **** pot loads of money are generated for the stars. Those $$$$ ain't ever gettin to the folks. And why should they? If anyone wants that kind of green then learn to excel better than anyone else at the game. One of a kind is the only way to the big $$$$. IMO of course. Also learn to be the best at public speaking i.e. clinton, reagan, obama or used car salesman name here. Pitiful but true.

And their fans.

Sad to see him go. One of the greatest steelers ever IMO. Sad that Manning announcement overshadowed ward announcement.

Thread Information