Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any offers for Wallace yet?

Bookmark and Share

Any offers for Wallace yet?

What is everyones take on the whole lack of attention regarding Wallace in "free agency"? As far as I know (which isn't much), there hasn't even been a sniff his way - or has there? As Steelers fans, do we get a false sense of security that no team wants to give up a 1st rounder or is some team lying in the weeds waiting for the right time to make the kill? With the WR bar set pretty high contract wise, does it benefit the Steelers that no one has made a move yet or does it not matter? Does it bring down his value? Or does he go unsolicited and sign the tender only to become a UFA next year?

My take, try to sign him to a long term deal, say 5/40 with 23 guaranteed, and then in 2013, Franchise Brown and tender Sanders.

He's yet to even get a vist request I'd say he's a Steeler.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No offers to date. All the suitors that everyone thought would be banging down his door have already addressed their need or said they aren't interested. There's just not much sense in giving a guy a $30 million contract and giving up a first rounder for him too.

Some say Denver is in the running now that they got Tebow, but I still don't see it. They are going to try and get guys like Dallas Clark and other former Colts castoffs. Plus they have some young talent there that they might content enough with.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    No offers to date. All the suitors that everyone thought would be banging down his door have already addressed their need or said they aren't interested. There's just not much sense in giving a guy a $30 million contract and giving up a first rounder for him too.

Some say Denver is in the running now that they got Tebow, but I still don't see it. They are going to try and get guys like Dallas Clark and other former Colts castoffs. Plus they have some young talent there that they might content enough with.
    now that they got manning, not tebow

I heard possibly SF would throw their hat into the ring now they lost out on Manning. It's just strangely quiet.

their waiting for colts players to make some moves to find peyton? but whos left?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, the Patriots are off the radar now. That's good. Now we need to keep our eyes on the Bengals and maybe Rams.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    What is everyones take on the whole lack of attention regarding Wallace
    Big money and a first round pick is way too much for anyone's liking. Especially with all the other very good WRs on free agency that cost just money. This is not a surprise at all.

Less interest elsewhere means more affordable here.

My Mood
    Roflol
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Well, the Patriots are off the radar now. That's good. Now we need to keep our eyes on the Bengals and maybe Rams.
    The Bungals maybe but not the Rams. The Rams are close to the cap also and I can not see them giving up the 8th pick to get Wallace. That would be a nice thought but most impractical.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

Thread Information