View Poll Results: Leftwich or Batch, who do you bring back?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charlie Batch

5 27.78%
  • Byron Leftwich

3 16.67%
  • Both of them

1 5.56%
  • Neither of them

9 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leftwich or Batch, who do you bring back?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Leftwich or Batch, who do you bring back?

It's unlikely that both will return next season so which one are you thinking is the better option? Although neither will command a huge salary I'd like to see us be able to have 3 decent QB's on the roster and actually have some depth if Batch needs to play and then gets hurt.

By going with one veteran and either Smith or Johnson you might be able to save a few bucks against the cap too.

I would say go with Batch and then let Troy Smith and Jerrod Johnson fight it out for other backup spot. I just can't see bringing back Leftwich right now after he spent the last 2 years on IR. If he were healthy or gave you the inclination that he could stay healthy then maybe he'd be the better option. Mainly because he's younger if nothing else.

I'm totally fine with Batch backing up Ben for another year or 2. If Smith does make the final cut maybe they can use him in a slash type role...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Gerry Dulac's thoughts....

1. Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch. Leftwich made $2.1 million last season, but, curiously, is the only one of the four quarterbacks who were on the roster last season to never start a game for the Steelers. That, of course, is the reason he was brought back via a draft-day trade in 2010 – to be the designated replacement for Ben Roethlisberger while he served a four-game suspension to start that season. But Leftwich was injured in the final preseason game and never played until the second half of the regular-season finale in Cleveland, when he completed 7 of 9 passes. Last season, he broke his left arm above the elbow in the preseason and was placed on injured reserve. Leftwich hasn't played a full game since Week 3 of the 2009 season when he was with Tampa Bay.
    2. On the subject of quarterbacks, the Steelers already have added two quarterbacks to their offseason roster -- former Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith, who played for the Baltimore Ravens and is the only rookie quarterback to beat Dick LeBeau since he became defensive coordinator in 2004; and free-agent Jerrod Johnson, who played at Texas A&M. It is not inconceivable they could draft a quarterback in the later rounds in April, depending what decision they reach with Leftwich and/or Batch.

leftwich 100/100 times

or draft someone in the mid rounds, brock from az st would be interesting

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I said Lefty only because of his age... but keep him and Jerrod Johnson!!!

oh wait, troy ****ing smith

Not Batch... please....
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Fine
    Batch. I'd rather we moved on all together and signed Garrod or Quinn unless they draft Cousins

My Mood
    Impatient
    I say Leftwich, but dont play him in preseason.

Find a new 30 year old second stringer that is over 6'2" who can throw short hard passes and run a bit still.

My Mood
    no mood
    I like Batch but don't know how much playing time he has left, would rather have him on the staff to tbh. I always thought he would make a good QB coach. I never cared for Lefty even after all these years he still hasn't learned to put touch on the ball.

Looking around the NFL decent QB's are hard to find. Any worth having are starting or are going to teams to be starters. I think we just need to blow it up, keep smith and bring in some young blood for backups, because there isn't much better out there to bring in.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Thread Information