Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Around the AFC North - Steelers.com

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Is Red Rifle like the Red Ryder BB Gun?
    He'll shoot his eye out!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

The Oakland Raiders will send next year's second-round draft pick to the Cincinnati Bengals to complete the Carson Palmer trade, an unnamed Raiders official told the Contra Costa Times (via ProFootballTalk.com) on Wednesday.

It was thought that the Raiders might have to ship a 2013 first-round pick to the Bengals if Oakland had reached the AFC Championship Game. The Raiders already sent this year's first-round pick to the Bengals for the veteran quarterback last October.

Palmer, 32, had 13 touchdown passes and 16 interceptions in 10 games for the Raiders last season.

The quarterback requested a trade after the 2010 season and said he'd rather retire than play again for the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Bruce Arians is exactly why I'm putting my money on Robert Griffin III being the better of the two QBs.
    eh arians was a horrific game planner and a pretty bad play caller, but QB coach was never his issue...hes always been a good one of them in developing a QB

i actually think he'll do OK with the colts, they have much of the talent thats needed to run his offense, ben was never that kind of QB

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think any of us can gripe too much about Arians as a QB coach. Ben has turned out to be a pretty darn good QB and Arians was a big part of that. If he'd have just stayed a QB coach he'd probably be pretty highly sought after by more teams.

The Ravens announced on Friday that they agreed to a two-year contract with former Cincinnati Bengals offensive guard Bobbie Williams.

Williams fractured his right ankle against the Houston Texans last season and ended the year on injured reserve.

Williams, 35, has started 130 career games. He is a potential replacement for Pro Bowl offensive guard Ben Grubbs, who signed a $36 million deal with the New Orleans Saints.

The newcomer will compete at left guard with rookie second-round pick Kelechi Osemele and former third-round pick Jah Reid.

When Holmes was suspended, how long was it? Was he a felon?? Or just a toker..?

The Minnesota Vikings signed wide receiver Jerome Simpson with the knowledge that he was likely to be suspended to start the NFL season. On Monday, the team officially learned the long-expected news.

The league suspended Simpson three games and fined him an additional game check for violating the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse, according to a news release. He recently received a 15-day jail sentence and three years of probation in connection to a felony drug charge after his girlfriend signed for a large package of marijuana at his house.

Simpson is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

"He's as prepared to come in and start as any rookie I've seen in a long time," Holmgren said.

That wasn't all Holmgren shared during a wide-ranging, fluid chat with the media:

More on Weeden's progress: "He is gifted. There is a maturity level because of his age. He is a different rookie because of that," Holmgren said, but insisted that Weeden needed "to show us" he's ready to start. The team wants the quarterback derby wrapped up sooner than later: "We cannot go close to the first game and still have it going on," Holmgren said.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    "He's as prepared to come in and start as any rookie I've seen in a long time," Holmgren said.

That wasn't all Holmgren shared during a wide-ranging, fluid chat with the media:

More on Weeden's progress: "He is gifted. There is a maturity level because of his age. He is a different rookie because of that," Holmgren said, but insisted that Weeden needed "to show us" he's ready to start. The team wants the quarterback derby wrapped up sooner than later: "We cannot go close to the first game and still have it going on," Holmgren said.
    Brownies are desperate for a big-time QB to compete with others in AFC North. Colt McCoy lacks size and strength to compete with other division QBs.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I don't think any of us can gripe too much about Arians as a QB coach. Ben has turned out to be a pretty darn good QB and Arians was a big part of that. If he'd have just stayed a QB coach he'd probably be pretty highly sought after by more teams.
    It's not like he was out of a job for 3 months or anything ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

I love rookie QB's...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information