Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the AFC North - Steelers.com

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    An ornery, mauling offensive guard, he is an ideal fit in the Bengals man-power blocking scheme.
    Gotta give the Bengals credit here if they continue to build up that offensive line. If they can get Red gun, Red head, Strawberry noggin, BeeBee gun, or whatever their QB's name is, some more weapons they'll have the making of a potent offense.

Report: Browns interested in LB Vontaze Burfict

The Cleveland Browns lead the NFL with 13 selections in this month's draft, and general manager Tom Heckert might be willing to take a risk with one of those picks.

The Browns have shown interest in drafting Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict, multiple sources told told ESPN Cleveland on Tuesday. "(Burfict) would be a late-round value pick," one source told the site.

The Butkus Award semifinalist is known for his attacking, physical play, but also for a lack of discipline that cost Arizona State on and off the field.

Burfict generated negative press in 2011 for a locker-room scuffle with teammate Kevin Ozier, a wide receiver. I sat in on a conversation with Burfict at the combine where he said he learned from the incident. In the same conversation, Burfict cast blame on his college coaches for an "average" junior season.

"The coaches kind of messed me up, like, I didn’t know if I was going to start a game, I didn't know if I was going to be benched," Burfict said. "So, it hurt me at times, but I tried to fight through it."

NFL.com draft guru Chad Reuter was a stone's throw away when this report came through and weighed in on Burfict's value.

"Burfict flashes explosive hitting ability between the tackles, but given his lack of discipline on and off the field at Arizona State, scouts aren't sure he has what it takes between the ears," Reuter said. "I fully expect, however, that a team will take a shot on him late with the hopes that he matures and takes advantage of his physical gifts to become a battering ram against the run."

The Browns are (eternally) in need of a "battering ram against the run," and while the team already has a middle linebacker locked down in D'Qwell Jackson, he's the type of veteran who could help mentor a younger player.

Heckert drafted wideout Greg Little and defensive end Jabaal Sheard last season. Both came with off-the-field issues, but were productive in Cleveland. With a bounty of picks, Cleveland might be willing to roll the dice again.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 04-11-2012 at 07:07 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The Bengals are improving, but still are owned by Brown and have trouble staying on the better side of the jail bars.

C-town

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Cinci will be the team to beat! Flacco will sign a huge contract to only have a bad year! Browns will be the same old Browns..
    Agreed....I think the Bungles will be our main competition this year.....Dalton looks scary good especially with AJ Green to throw to.
    The Tradition Continues!!!

Free-agent wideout Jerome Simpson and the Minnesota Vikings agreed to a one-year deal on Tuesday, according to NFL Network contributor and Fox Sports Insider Jay Glazer.

Simpson visited with the Vikings over the weekend, which reportedly went "incredibly well."

The Vikings were a handful of teams considering the former Bengal, who could face suspension by the NFL after receiving a 15-day jail sentence and three years' probation in connection to a felony drug charge.

The St. Louis Rams also reportedly showed interest in Simpson as they look to surround franchise quarterback Sam Bradford with weapons.

Simpson gained attention in December by flipping over a defender and landing on his feet in the end zone.

A second-round pick out of Coastal Carolina, Simpson has hauled in 71 passes for 1,004 yards and seven touchdowns in four seasons in Cincinnati.

Just for fun... Good Luck Andrew Luck...

The Browns select Tim Couch #1 overall pick...

Later on in Browns town....

The dismissal of the 51-year-old Arians has been expected for weeks.

Cleveland's offense was supposed to be the team's strongest unit this season. However, injuries across the offensive line and inconsistency from quarterbacks Tim Couch and Kelly Holcomb led to the offense dropping in several key statistical categories.

The Browns fell from No. 23 to No. 26 in total yardage, went from No. 18 to No. 25 in passing and scored just 15.9 points per game after averaging 21.9 in 2002.

God did that sound familiar....

Todd Haley is going to be great..... Lets start this season already.....

Ben is going to have a great year...

Hmm.. Is Romeo Crennel having team problems....

Maybe Bowe is looking for Haley.. Romeo and Bruce would make a fine tandem in Indy...

Kansas City Chiefs wideout Dwayne Bowe has no plans to sign his franchise tag soon, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday, contrary to an Internet report.

Bowe, like other franchise players who have yet to sign their tags, is hoping to get a long-term deal, but nothing is imminent. The NFL's deadline for franchised players to agree to a long-term contract is July 15.

Bowe would make $9.5 million in 2012 if he signed his franchise tender.

Browns trade for Vikings' No. 3 pick

Minni did a good job getting 3 extra picks and still get to take Kalil at 4 overall.

maybe the browns want kalil to go with thomas?

Thread Information