Thread: Michigan States' Kirk Cousins and Trenton Robinson on the Steelers radar

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Michigan States' Kirk Cousins and Trenton Robinson on the Steelers radar

Looks like representatives from the Steelers, including Mike Tomlin were on hand for Michigan State's pro day today. Tomlin met with QB Kirk Cousins and also with FS Trenton Robinson.

Mlive.com.

Scouts from all 32 NFL teams descended into East Lansing today for Michigan State's annual Pro Day.

Among the football players taking part is Bay City's Trenton Robinson, who last month competed in the NFL combine.

Reporter Cory Butzin is at the Pro Day. Here's some of the things he's seeing and hearing throughout the day.

• Trenton Robinson is pleasing the scouts. He improved on his 40-yard dash time from 4.52 seconds at the combine to 4.43 seconds. Scouts from all 32 NFL teams made a "Wow" sound.

• Saginaw native and MSU player Draymond Green, MSU Basketball Coach Tom Izzo and Saginaw native DeAnthony Arnett, an MSU transfer hoping to play football this year, are all watching the Pro Day.

• All 32 NFL scouts are there, including Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin.

• Trenton Robinson measured in at 5-feet 9 3/4-inches tall and 193 pounds.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 03-14-2012 at 05:47 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cousin's is projected anywhere from the late 2nd round to early 4th at this point. The Steelers are doing their homework on him but taking him in the 2nd or 3rd would be eliminating other current needs. If he fell to the 4th round I'd be more comfortable with it.

Robinson, if he falls to the 5th round where many have him projected could be an excellent choice to groom for the future.

My Mood
    Roflol
    "• Trenton Robinson measured in at 5-feet 9 3/4-inches tall and 193 pounds."

Thats a bit small for a safety isnt it? Granted I haven't seen him play so my so can he hit like a safety? Could he replace Clark in a year or so?
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

5'-9" at 193 pounds running a 4.43 is not bad at all. I may not be an expert, but a fast, little guy at that position would able to cover alot of the field and be less detected by QB's. If he's there in the 5th I'd throw a pic at him for sure.

hes troys size, but built more like a corner...itll be interesting to see how interested they are in FS, i wouldnt mind the pick. Both tomlin and colbert met with him, that means buisness

just some additional thoughts on him quick:

I kinda like him the same way i liked quinton carter last year, he a bit smaller but hes that kind of FS that can play NB early on. Clark and troy are both on the smaller side so i dont think thats a problem. The problem i have is i think keenan lewis and cortez allen are both better at FS than CB, and i thought the same about donovan warren and crezdon butler, and even post regression mcfadden....so while i like that they are showing interest, i just dont know what the hell they are looking for at FS, especially with lewis and cortez being better fits there already, and even maybe studs (espeically allen)

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Robinson is from my area. Plays with a chip on his shoulder and.much bigger than his stature would suggest. Had some minor off-field issues but nothing serious.

Im thinking right along with our friend Jim Wexell who tweeted today that Tomlin talking with Cousins may have been to get info on other Spartans. They have several guys entering the draft who I could see us looking at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

it might be that they were looking at dt jerel worthy

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by acero View Post
    it might be that they were looking at dt jerel worthy
    Very possible. Might be more of a true 4-3 guy but at his size and athleticism we'd have to look at him for NT at the very least.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information