Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News! Steelers are awarded 1.6 million additional cap space Thanks to Cowboys and Redskins

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

Breaking News! Steelers are awarded 1.6 million additional cap space Thanks to Cowboys and Redskins

The league just handed down a punishment on the Cowboys and Redskins for cap violations in the 2010 uncapped season. The league stripped the Redskins of 36 million dollars of cap space which has to be broken down over the next two years.
    I don't know how much the Cowboys got hit for. Anyway, the league has awarded us along with several other teams an additional 1.6 million in cap space. It's all over the internet as we speak!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Cowboys got hit with 10 million. All other teams in league except for Oakland and New Orleans get the 1.6 million extra cap space.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

What's this mean for us??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This means that we have an additional 1.6 in cap money this coming season. That 1.6 mil could help secure Wallace for starters. We are 12 mil under the cap as of this moment.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That definitely gives them extra breathing room for this year, nice to see the cowboys get nailed I must say.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

Veteran
    It's funny that the NFL is penalizing teams for spending money in an uncapped year, on contracts the NFL approved.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Don't worry knowing the NFL they will fine us 1.6 because Harrison did not cut his grass right this summer or something stupid like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's been a buzz tonight from a lot of people questioning why this issue wasn't brought up and a resolution come due before now. It's not like neither team didn't think they were going to get penalized.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    There's been a buzz tonight from a lot of people questioning why this issue wasn't brought up and a resolution come due before now. It's not like neither team didn't think they were going to get penalized.
    who cares when they announce it .Im sure the teams knew well in advance what would happen

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The CBA that expired one year today removed the salary cap for the final year, as an incentive to get a new deal in place with more than a year left on the old one. Once the owners fully appreciated the ramifications of the uncapped year (i.e., no salary floor and two extra years to unrestricted free agency), the league had no qualms about proceeding.

But while most teams opted not to break the bank in a season without a banker, the NFL instructed teams not to use the uncapped years as a way to dump money in order to ensure that cap numbers in years with a salary cap would be lower.

Dallas and Washington used 2010 as a cap dump aimed at either keeping the numbers manageable in 2009 and previously, or in 2011 and subsequently.

It widely was believed in 2010 that the Cowboys and Redskins had worked the system to take full advantage of the absence of a cap. Dallas, for example, gave receiver Miles Austin a base salary of $17 million in 2010.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information