Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K Train's Steeler Mock 1.0

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Glad to hear you see him as a 3-down guy KTrain. I wouldn't want a 1st round pick to not be on the field full time.

This talk of talking a TE in the first round is hilarious. Maybe in the late rounds, maybe.... but not in the first.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Fine
    Great Job K Train. Do you think the steelers will sign a FB instead of drafting one? Owen Schmitt & Le'Ron McClain are available. THat would allow them to Draft a FS or OT in the 5th but I like your draft pick.
    I think Peads goes in the 3rd.

owen schmitt and mcclain would be awesome...mcclain is even great as a runner, probably the best big bruising back out there aside from michael bush. schmitt is insane, legit crazy. i loved him coming out of WVU and my favorite picture of him is his crazy *** busting his head open with his helmet when he was in seattle, that kind of mental instability is what i want in a blocking FB lol...

deilh is a disciplined, well rounded blocking FB...wouldnt mind them giving him a good look

as far as pead goes, i think the steelers are really gonna end up having him high on their list based on reports of their interest. the RB rankings are tough this year, but of 2nd and 3rd round guys...making me think some of these guys have a chance to fall with them all holding relatively similar stock at the moment

Waterboy
    I love Hightower and Chapman(imo best NT in draft when healthy, would be a STEAL). I would rather have James Brown from Troy instead of Brooks for the 2nd round. Why no wide receiver or tight end? Your ok with Tyler Beiler, David Gilreath, Juamorris Stewart, Derrick Williams or Jimmy Young for the #4 WR next year??? Tight end depth needs attention also.

Quote Originally Posted by towelwaver4life View Post
    I love Hightower and Chapman(imo best NT in draft when healthy, would be a STEAL). I would rather have James Brown from Troy instead of Brooks for the 2nd round. Why no wide receiver or tight end? Your ok with Tyler Beiler, David Gilreath, Juamorris Stewart, Derrick Williams or Jimmy Young for the #4 WR next year??? Tight end depth needs attention also.
    james brown is a high potential type, but a project too. definitely not as pro ready as some of the other guard/tackle types. i like brooks a lot more and more lately, i think hes a great fit. if we wanted versatility i would say go with osemele or washington, both probably better guards but could play tackle. i like brooks more than zeitler now i think, its hard to judge him fully since he plays at miami ohio and wasnt invited to the combine, but his workout numbers are very similar to cordy glenns, and imo glenn killed it for a man his size.

Wallace, Brown, Cotchery, Sanders are what i expect at WR, they wouldnt have outright cut ward if they didnt plan on bringing cotchery back. TE im ok with heath and david johnson, im expecting them to retain Saunders after his suspension. I would have liked Orson Charles as a vertical threat TE but he ran poor times and then got a DUI, his stock has plummeted.

My Mood
    Devilish
    im rather fond of your mocks Ktrain. they arent the standard 1234 picks with no follow up info. you do research and provide intelligent analysis which i find both interesting and educational. i dont give many kudos but, when i do, theyre deserved. i'll be interested to see how accurate your predictions are.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    If Glenn is there in first, I would like that pick, then take Burflict 3rd/4th. I really want to see the Steelers commit to an OL upgrade. It wouldn't hurt my feelings going Glenn 1st, Brooks 2nd, then Burflict.
    Last edited by tburg68; 03-14-2012 at 11:34 PM.

glenn in 1 and any of brooks/washington/osemele/zeitler in 2 or even brewster in 3 wouldnt hurt my feelings at all.

the reason the saints do so much of what they do on offense is because of carl nicks and jahri evans being so dominant on the inside. their tackles are trash but look good because of their guards, almost a reverse effect of what usually happens. having glenn and one other upgrade at guard on each side of pouncey would completely stop teams from blowing up the middle, it would greatly improve the run game, and it would make gilbert and colon look like world beaters regardless if they were merely average.

1 Glenn
    2 Brooks
    3 Pead/Polk
    4 Bufict

would address the same needs and give us insane upgrades on the interior line. if you thought pouncey looked good his rookie year, wait til you see him with two super athletic 350 pounds on each side allowing him to dominate the second level

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    glenn in 1 and any of brooks/washington/osemele/zeitler in 2 or even brewster in 3 wouldnt hurt my feelings at all.

the reason the saints do so much of what they do on offense is because of carl nicks and jahri evans being so dominant on the inside. their tackles are trash but look good because of their guards, almost a reverse effect of what usually happens. having glenn and one other upgrade at guard on each side of pouncey would completely stop teams from blowing up the middle, it would greatly improve the run game, and it would make gilbert and colon look like world beaters regardless if they were merely average.

1 Glenn
    2 Brooks
    3 Pead/Polk
    4 Bufict

would address the same needs and give us insane upgrades on the interior line. if you thought pouncey looked good his rookie year, wait til you see him with two super athletic 350 pounds on each side allowing him to dominate the second level
    I'm all for it. The farther down Burflict falls, the bigger steal he will be in my opinion. The kid just needs the right motivation. He will be an animal IMO.

I can't express how fricking happy I would be with two 350lb "bookend" Guards surrounding Pouncey. He could pull and lead every run play with the two of them on either side of him.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I'm all for it. The farther down Burflict falls, the bigger steal he will be in my opinion. The kid just needs the right motivation. He will be an animal IMO.

I can't express how fricking happy I would be with two 350lb "bookend" Guards surrounding Pouncey. He could pull and lead every run play with the two of them on either side of him.
    honestly when healthy colon is an above average RT with trash playing RG next to him his whole career, gilbert showed promise and the ability to recover from mistakes and play well....having mauling guards between them would make them look amazing

Thread Information