Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: NFL Finally Sets the Cap

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,417
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Ok, that makes me feel better, so we can just sit back and pick up a few new draft picks, forget about FA as usual and we will keep winning... you sure?
    I read this AM not to expect this team to do anything this FA season.. Also, if there is a crazy offer on the table for Wallace they won't even consider matching it...

    Just one year I'd love to see them bring a couple players in worth a sh*t!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  2. #12
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,884
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I read this AM not to expect this team to do anything this FA season.. Also, if there is a crazy offer on the table for Wallace they won't even consider matching it...

    Just one year I'd love to see them bring a couple players in worth a sh*t!
    i hope the bears at least try for wallace. i would rather keep him, but if he had to go it would be ok for the bears to get him, why would they take a chance on drafting the 3rd best WR at #19 when they can get wallace..

    if the bengals play it smart... the afcn will be a battle ground... 9-7 might be the afcn champ like the giants last year.

  3. #13
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Ok, that makes me feel better, so we can just sit back and pick up a few new draft picks, forget about FA as usual and we will keep winning... you sure?

    We were 12-4 the last two seasons despite major injuries issues. There are no guarantees in life, but the Steelers are in a good place moving forward. Barring injury on offense we need a solid guard or two and we should see significant improvement. On defense depending how Mclendon and Foote/ Sly play we should be very solid as well. The sky is not falling.

  4. #14
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,884
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    We were 12-4 the last two seasons despite major injuries issues. There are no guarantees in life, but the Steelers are in a good place moving forward. Barring injury on offense we need a solid guard or two and we should see significant improvement. On defense depending how Mclendon and Foote/ Sly play we should be very solid as well. The sky is not falling.
    the sky is not falling. but you named them already. if we sit idle in FA.. we need ???? ILB, NT, OG, OG, OT, S, K

    It takes us three years for our draft picks to play?? We get one #1 who could play right away if hes a G ...

  5. #15
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,603
    I see the Bengals being more likely then the Bears. Wallace doesn't fit what the Bears want in a WR right now. But if your the Bengals and you steal a prime weapon from one of your division rivals AND it upgrades your team too?

    That's just too juicy to pass up.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  6. #16
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,603
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    the sky is not falling. but you named them already. if we sit idle in FA.. we need ???? ILB, NT, OG, OG, OT, S, K

    It takes us three years for our draft picks to play?? We get one #1 who could play right away if hes a G ...
    I hear ya. We need to make atleast ONE free agent move. I'd like it to be Grubbs. Upgrade our O-line and running game in a big way and it would hurt the Ravens BIG TIME!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #17
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    the sky is not falling. but you named them already. if we sit idle in FA.. we need ???? ILB, NT, OG, OG, OT, S, K

    It takes us three years for our draft picks to play?? We get one #1 who could play right away if hes a G ...
    Brown, Sanders, Hood, C. Allen, Pouncey, Gilbert, and Saunders all got significant playing time as rookies.

    sent from my Evo using tapatalk

  8. #18
    Draft Pick Number99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    325
    My Mood
    Roflol
    Here's an odd but great stat. The Bengals have not had 2 straight winning seasons since 1976. Its kinda hard to see them as the team to beat in the AFCN.
    Fear da Beard

    I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

    Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

  9. #19
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,884
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Brown, Sanders, Hood, C. Allen, Pouncey, Gilbert, and Saunders all got significant playing time as rookies.

    sent from my Evo using tapatalk
    I hope we can draft 5 starters this year and not use FA. that will help. Go Colbert...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What sets Steelers Fans Apart!
    By SteelCurtainYinzer in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:13 PM
  2. Schedule sets up well now for the Steelers...
    By Troyisabeast_43 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
  3. Use Willie in WR sets ?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 07:59 PM
  4. Townsend sets sack mark for CBs
    By Steelersfan in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •