Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darren Perry Resigns.. Damn!

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I rather have the corner from Cal then Leon Hall. I follow Michigan football and I think Hall is over-rated. He is a good player don't get me wrong.

ok, well revis is also an option....whos the corner for cal?

My Mood
    Amazed
    So he will be in AZ too? Good, clean slate let's see what you can do MT!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    f'k a corner in the first round, blalock or a linebacker lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I think some new ideas and techniques in the secondary might be a good thing. I have said in the past that Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden have great potential and I thought that on most of the deep plays made against us this past year, they had decent position but never turned to see the ball. I also thought that they (the corners) played too far off the line of scrimmage and many teams took advantage of that throwing those quick out patterns. Look at Asante Samuel from the Patriots. He doesn't keep his back turned to the QB for very long and that allows him to play the QB's eyes and the ball after its thrown! Lots of DB coaches out there. This is no different than when Chuck Nolls old staff was replaced by Bill Cowher (except for Dick Hoak). Also look at how many of Cowher assistants left over the years to take jobs with other teams. I will tell you this, Minnesota fans are not very happy about losing Tomlin! Some of the fans say Tomlin was the motivator on that team......not Brad Childress! The same fans were hoping Childress would be fired and that Tomlin would become their next coach! I am convinced that of all the head coach hirings that we got the best candidate out there! Time will tell! I just hope that in 3 years we can afford to keep him if he turns out to be the coach I think he will be. Tony Dungy called the Rooney's and personally endorsed Tomlin as a rising star. I respect Dungy's opinion and obviously the Steeler braintrust Dan Rooney, Art Rooney II, and Kevin Colbert agreed and saw the same things Dungy did! I am psyched about the future of Steeler football!

Well put I've always thought we needed help with our secondary they weren't getting it done. New techniques and getting back to basics will be what I'm hoping will happen. To many times the ball is in the air and the receiver is making his adjustments and our CB's don't react, all they do is put their arrms up and bump into the receiver.....I welcome the change and can't wait for the 2007 season to start. I am so ****ing stoked!!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The corner from Cal is Daymeion Hughes.

House of Steel
    We need an offensive or defensive lineman in the first round, no question about it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I think some new ideas and techniques in the secondary might be a good thing. I have said in the past that Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden have great potential and I thought that on most of the deep plays made against us this past year, they had decent position but never turned to see the ball. I also thought that they (the corners) played too far off the line of scrimmage and many teams took advantage of that throwing those quick out patterns. Look at Asante Samuel from the Patriots. He doesn't keep his back turned to the QB for very long and that allows him to play the QB's eyes and the ball after its thrown! Lots of DB coaches out there. This is no different than when Chuck Nolls old staff was replaced by Bill Cowher (except for Dick Hoak). Also look at how many of Cowher assistants left over the years to take jobs with other teams. I will tell you this, Minnesota fans are not very happy about losing Tomlin! Some of the fans say Tomlin was the motivator on that team......not Brad Childress! The same fans were hoping Childress would be fired and that Tomlin would become their next coach! I am convinced that of all the head coach hirings that we got the best candidate out there! Time will tell! I just hope that in 3 years we can afford to keep him if he turns out to be the coach I think he will be. Tony Dungy called the Rooney's and personally endorsed Tomlin as a rising star. I respect Dungy's opinion and obviously the Steeler braintrust Dan Rooney, Art Rooney II, and Kevin Colbert agreed and saw the same things Dungy did! I am psyched about the future of Steeler football!
    Our CB's playing off on the defensive players was more scheme usually than anything else. I hated seeing them give a 5-10 yd cushion all the time but more often that not it was the design of the certain play as much as it may have been us not wanting to get burned because we were busy rushing a safety up in the box to stop the run or blitz.

I look forward to seeing what Tomlin and Lebeau come up with together and I fully expect Ike to regain his form and work opposite mcfadden in 2007.

WOW!!! I definitely didn't see this coming at all! Oh well though can't do anything about it but move on and hope for the best for the Steelers and Perry! Considering how the secondary has been the last few years maybe this is somehitng positive and something that needed to happen because we as fans were blinded by Perry's inabilities to put a quality secondary on the field just because he is an ex-Steeler himself

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

So are Perry and Whipple leaving because they wanted to (greener pastures elsewhere, ? loyalty to Grimm), or because Tomlin and/or the organization wanted to replace them? I could see Tonlin wanting to bring in his own guys, and it wouldn't surprise me if Tomlin, a defensive guy himself, had someone in mind to coach the secondary, but why would he want to replace Whipple with Ken Anderson? Does he have a past relationship with Anderson? Or was Whipple in line for the OC position, and is leaving because he lost out to Arians?
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information