Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Perry Resigns.. Damn!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Darren Perry Resigns.. Damn!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07024/756585-66.stm

This sux !! I really like Darren and the players liked him too from all accounts that I've heard.

Whipple and secondary coach Darren Perry appear to be the only remaining members of Bill Cowher's staff who will not be retained by Tomlin. Perry, who has been an assistant coach with the Steelers since 2003, resigned today.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    That does suck. I like Perry alot. A very under-rated player for the Steelers and I thought he had a future as a DC.

House of Steel
    Well that just put the icing on the cake on what a damn offseason we are having so far. How many coaches do we need now? 5?

Dammit! Perry is a very good coach, and it sucks to lose him. And Whipple.... What the **** are we doing hiring Ken Anderson???
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was thinking he'd have a chance at a DC job at some point with us too if Lebeau retired in the next few years.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i guess i don't see the same db's play that y'all do lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    i guess i don't see the same db's play that y'all do lol
    seriously.....we'll get someone new...get over it

Gold Standard

A new secondary coach might be good!

I think some new ideas and techniques in the secondary might be a good thing. I have said in the past that Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden have great potential and I thought that on most of the deep plays made against us this past year, they had decent position but never turned to see the ball. I also thought that they (the corners) played too far off the line of scrimmage and many teams took advantage of that throwing those quick out patterns. Look at Asante Samuel from the Patriots. He doesn't keep his back turned to the QB for very long and that allows him to play the QB's eyes and the ball after its thrown! Lots of DB coaches out there. This is no different than when Chuck Nolls old staff was replaced by Bill Cowher (except for Dick Hoak). Also look at how many of Cowher assistants left over the years to take jobs with other teams. I will tell you this, Minnesota fans are not very happy about losing Tomlin! Some of the fans say Tomlin was the motivator on that team......not Brad Childress! The same fans were hoping Childress would be fired and that Tomlin would become their next coach! I am convinced that of all the head coach hirings that we got the best candidate out there! Time will tell! I just hope that in 3 years we can afford to keep him if he turns out to be the coach I think he will be. Tony Dungy called the Rooney's and personally endorsed Tomlin as a rising star. I respect Dungy's opinion and obviously the Steeler braintrust Dan Rooney, Art Rooney II, and Kevin Colbert agreed and saw the same things Dungy did! I am psyched about the future of Steeler football!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

the dbs play so far off the line of scrimmage to diguise some of the blitz and coverage packages, they can and have worked great but our pass rush was inconsistant last year and it exploited our dbs, im hoping ike can bounce back and play at a high level while i think mcfadden is gonna be something special.....leon hall is a possiblity and i think he could easily win a starting job, but again we do have more pressing needs

Don't be shy.. tell us what you really think !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information