Thread: The Voice Says Blog - Joe Paterno's Legacy Still Unwritten

The Voice Says Blog - Joe Paterno's Legacy Still Unwritten

http://thevoicesays.blogspot.com/201...unwritten.html

Trying to sit here and sum up my thoughts about Joe Paterno isn't easy. My entire childhood and early adulthood, I saw much of my grandfather Edward in Paterno and vice versa. They were the same age and, in a strange twist of fate, both men died on the same January day nine years apart.

Both men absolutely loved Penn State football, and could be cranky with the best of them. Both men were also very loyal to their respective families. There was nothing my grandfather wouldn't do for his children and grandchildren. There was nothing Joe Paterno wouldn't do for his Penn State family, players and students alike.

Just listen to all of Joe's former players on the radio today talking about how much they loved and admired Paterno, and how they wanted to thank Joe for teaching them how to be men. Just look at how several former players were quick to come to his defense in November when he was removed from his position as head coach.

CONTINUED....
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think the memorial service, with so many great speeches really helped sum up what JoePA meant to everyone. It was terrible how his last couple months played out here on this earth but with so much support shown by everyone that showed up there I think his legacy is still safe with most.

Thread Information