Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dallas Clark?

Bookmark and Share
    i'll take Miller, Saunders and our draft pick over good ol Dallas Clark

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    We have 2 TE's for the first 4 games, Johnson and Miller TE is a position of need.

And, nobody mentioned Addai, Jacobs, Brackett, Painter or Manning, so I guess not everybody.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk
    Did you just mention Curtis Painter? and i already threw out my whitesnake jean jacket, damn.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Veteran
    We have 2 TE's for the first 4 games, Johnson and Miller TE is a position of need.
    Not it's not. We have Miller as the starter. Saunders is only suspended for the first 4 games, and besides, he had a total of 4 receptions last year. We can live without him for the first couple games.

And, nobody mentioned Addai, Jacobs, Brackett, Painter or Manning, so I guess not everybody.
    You don't think there will be a Brandon Jacobs thread or Joseph Addai? There's already a Jacobs thread on another Steeler site I read. As for Manning and Painter, that's just silly. We're in no way in the market for a QB, so why would anyone mention them?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Heath Miller wasn't on the roster then I'd say TE is definitely a position of need. Nobody is going to give serious consideration to David Johnson so if they want him around they'll be able to keep him/bring him back. Jamie McCoy is also on the roster and can do the job that Johnson does so it's not as if they have nobody to start next September. From what Bouchette tweeted out the other day, they are actually pretty pleased with McCoy so I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson isn't brought back at all or released in training camp.

Dallas Clark will want way too much money and if Manning goes to the Colts then both he and Reggie Wayne will be there too.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Not it's not. We have Miller as the starter. Saunders is only suspended for the first 4 games, and besides, he had a total of 4 receptions last year. We can live without him for the first couple games.

You don't think there will be a Brandon Jacobs thread or Joseph Addai? There's already a Jacobs thread on another Steeler site I read. As for Manning and Painter, that's just silly. We're in no way in the market for a QB, so why would anyone mention them?
    You said "are we gonna go through this for every single player released?" I was merely pointing out not every single player and we only have Ben and Smith as QB's on the roster, so Painter could be a possibility.

And yes, no team has ever gone to the super bowl with 2 great receiving TE's, ever. Oh wait, maybe once.

You said "are we gonna go through this for every single player released?" I was merely pointing out not every single player and we only have Ben and Smith as QB's on the roster, so Painter could be a possibility.
    I can only assume that he was using hyperbole, and that was not meant to be taken literally.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    If Heath Miller wasn't on the roster then I'd say TE is definitely a position of need.
    No question about it. But having a good TE already allows us to focus on other areas. Wouldn't be surprised to see one late in the draft, or middle rounds next year though.

Veteran
    And yes, no team has ever gone to the super bowl with 2 great receiving TE's, ever. Oh wait, maybe once.
    And how did they fare in that SB? Maybe if they had one great TE and a great LB or CB they'd have won it.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    And how did they fare in that SB? Maybe if they had one great TE and a great LB or CB they'd have won it.
    Or a healthy TE. Gronk healthy=SB champs.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    This team will never ever sign a big name FA!!
    Deuce Staley...but we all know how that turned out.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information