Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft Class

Bookmark and Share

2009 Draft Class

Just looking at an article on bleacher report (not the greatest i know) on the Steeler draft class of 2009. My first thought was "wow, kinda bland."

Ziggy Hood rd1
    Keith Urbik rd 3
    Mike Wallace rd 3
    Keenan Lewis rd 3
    Joe Burnett rd 5
    Frank Summers rd 5
    "Sonny" Harris rd 6
    A.Q. Shipley rd 7
    David Johnson rd 7

Hood is a solid starter but nothing special. Wallace was a great pick as we have seen. And D. Johnson has done more than expected as a rd 7 selection. Overall though, lets hope 2012 is way better.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Draft Pick
    Keenan Lewis is playing solid football as well. To get 4 guys from a draft class that make a reasonable contribution is a solid draft. If they had been able to keep Urbik(a starting NFL Guard) it would have been an outstanding draft. People forget the majority of all draft picks don't do squat.
    Last edited by strummerfan; 03-09-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    Keenan Lewis is playing solid football as well. To get 4 guys from a draft class that make a reasonable contribution is a solid draft. If they had been able to keep Urbik(a starting NFL Guard) it would have been an outstanding draft. People forget the majority of all draft picks don't do squat.
    outstanding?????? no way. Urbik is abysmally average and lewis is not playing solid football, we havent seen even close to enough to say that about him and being this is his 4th year now its do or die. Hes not even a lock to make the roster with allen and brown breathing down his neck. its actually probably one of the worst draft classes ive ever seen and i knew that the day the draft was over. Every single pick was bad at the time (especially hood and urbik, and summers and shipley) and the only one that went from being poor at the time to good now is wallace. Hood is painfully average, always has been..hes just not built for a 34

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    outstanding?????? no way. Urbik is abysmally average and lewis is not playing solid football, we havent seen even close to enough to say that about him and being this is his 4th year now its do or die. Hes not even a lock to make the roster with allen and brown breathing down his neck. its actually probably one of the worst draft classes ive ever seen and i knew that the day the draft was over. Every single pick was bad at the time (especially hood and urbik, and summers and shipley) and the only one that went from being poor at the time to good now is wallace. Hood is painfully average, always has been..hes just not built for a 34
    I'd rather they put Hood at NT which is what I thought when he was drafted. They should be able to get a 5 tech in the first or second round. I feel Michael Brockers will slip and be on the board. However I like Fletcher Cox or move back in the draft and get Jared Crick.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    IF you get 5 players from one draft making significant contributions to your team that is an outstanding draft. You may hate Urbik for what ever reason, but he was the #2 ranked guard in 2009 and by all reports(except yours) he's playing a solid rg in Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I'd rather they put Hood at NT which is what I thought when he was drafted. They should be able to get a 5 tech in the first or second round. I feel Michael Brockers will slip and be on the board. However I like Fletcher Cox or move back in the draft and get Jared Crick.
    i like crick in 2, and ive been pro-evander to NT for years
    IF you get 5 players from one draft making significant contributions to your team that is an outstanding draft. You may hate Urbik for what ever reason, but he was the #2 ranked guard in 2009 and by all reports(except yours) he's playing a solid rg in Buffalo.
    eh, he was a bad prospect in s super weak guard class...i had robinson, levitre, and vasquez above him and for good reason. it was the trading down and selecting him that bothered me...plus his shittiness on the field. i watched him play in buffalo, nothing to get excited about.

Hood is pretty terrible when he not lined up over center.

Rookie Free Agent
    Horrible draft class(Wallace) the rest are some garbage when we picked Hood I was like, ''WHO?'' Now my boss calls me Ziggy all the time(Ratbird fan)....boooo.com!!
    LEGEND!!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by ldvious15 View Post
    Horrible draft class(Wallace) the rest are some garbage when we picked Hood I was like, ''WHO?'' Now my boss calls me Ziggy all the time(Ratbird fan)....boooo.com!!
    Coming from the person clamoring for the return of Amos Z that doesn't mean much.

Rookie Free Agent
    Coming from the person clamoring for the return of Amos Z that doesn't mean much.
    Didn't say i want amos back....i said he ran hard!!
    LEGEND!!

Quote Originally Posted by ldvious15 View Post
    your boss is a loser.much like the 2009 draft class imo
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Thread Information