Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Brown or Wallace

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    How is it too early in BROWN'S career to call HOLMES the most talented WR in Steelers History? History does change, it's implied that I was talking up to this point. I don't have a Delorian with a Flux Capacitor, so that's all I can go by.

Talent doesn't necessarily equal production. I said talent.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    If you've only seen Ward make one "wow" catch you're either blinded by your hate and bias towards Hines or you haven't watched many games
    Thank you.

K Train must have started watching the Steelers a year or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    They compliment each other because the secondary can't double everyone. With Wallace's speed, you have to double him which makes getting open easeir for Brown and Sanders, etc. Brown is good and Sanders has shown potential, but I wonder how well Brown would facing double coverage every week.
    I'm with you. I do like Brown a little more than Wallace, but I'm not so sure Brown would be playing so well if Wallace wasn't drawing double coverage on a constant basis.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    It is too early in brown's career to call Holmes the most talented of all time.plus you can have all the talent in the world if you smoke it all away it doesn't matter let's face it without an elite QB Holmes has been pedestrian at best.

Wallace's drop in production had to do with teams doubling him or assigning the best corner to him.It had little to do with Ben's injury he didn't hurt his arm
    There may not have been anything wrong with Ben's arm, but with his ankle, he couldn't step into his throws. I recall more than a few times, right after he injured his ankle, he underthrew Wallace pretty badly. After that it seemed like they stopped calling any deep throws to Wallace. Whether it was because they wanted Ben to get rid of the ball quicker since he wasn't as mobile or because he just couldn't throw deep, it caused Wallace's production to suffer.

I do not want to see Wallace go, but if he did, I'd want an early first round pick as compensation so we can get Poe. To me, that's the only way it would be worth losing Wallace.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Brown!
    First I think Brown is more versatile and not afraid to go across the middle. My fear is without Wallace he will become less effective, I hope not. As fas as Sanders goes, until he can prove that he is reliable and not injury prone, he hasn`t shown enough yet. I would sign Cotchery ASAP.

Wallace will get some looks in FA but i`m not so sure everyone will be willing to give up a 1st round pick for him. At first glance he wasnt one of the top 3 free agents at wr. If we could get a top 20 pick, great. If it were NE 31 pick, I say sign him for whatever they offer him. They won`t have much cap space either, so we`ll see

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by NHSteeler View Post
    Thank you.

K Train must have started watching the Steelers a year or two ago.
    lol right, yeah ward was pretty much = to randy moss the last 14 yearsrolleyes: . he made as many wow catches as he did burn the defense deep, probably a handful. He was a guy that was beyond clutch on 3rd down and found soft spots in zones masterfully, sure hes made deangeolo hall and even champ bailey look foolish on occasion, but to say hes a wowing type of WR is just wrong

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by ldvious15 View Post
    I understand your points...but production falls off when you're one dimensional.....
    Not true at all production falls off double cover you of game plan for you and take the focus off of Antonio Brown.Wallace didn't suddenly become less talented.Wallace is not one dimentional.He's atalented reciever you don't post back to back 1000 yrd seasons cause your one dimentional

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    I'm with you. I do like Brown a little more than Wallace, but I'm not so sure Brown would be playing so well if Wallace wasn't drawing double coverage on a constant basis.

There may not have been anything wrong with Ben's arm, but with his ankle, he couldn't step into his throws. I recall more than a few times, right after he injured his ankle, he underthrew Wallace pretty badly. After that it seemed like they stopped calling any deep throws to Wallace. Whether it was because they wanted Ben to get rid of the ball quicker since he wasn't as mobile or because he just couldn't throw deep, it caused Wallace's production to suffer.

I do not want to see Wallace go, but if he did, I'd want an early first round pick as compensation so we can get Poe. To me, that's the only way it would be worth losing Wallace.
    Wallace should know ben's range and not just bolt down the field he has to comunicate with ben instead of running 60yrds and have the ball underthrown plus if ben can 't make the throw he shouldn't have played

BA is gone its a new year.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Based soley on what we saw the last two years, Brown is the more complete WR. Not saying that Wallace is bad or that Wallace can't improve. But just on the last two years, Brown has proven to be the better route runner and able to go across the middle.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

All this Hines talk is silly, he's done and has been for the last 2 seasons! He stopped blocking which was really the only thing he had going for him.. Making a few key catches here and there did nothing for me!! He should of been right right after DWTS!!

Move on!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information