Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Brown or Wallace

Bookmark and Share
    Back to the topic then, brown has much more to offer than Wallace although I like both as WR's.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Brown is a "more complete" wide receiver then Wallace.

And now that Haley is running the offense, he will demand better route running from the wide receivers. Brown is the better route runner as of now.

But I see Haley raising the level of play for both of them.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by ldvious15 View Post
    He doesn't attack at all....he gets coverage sacks....5.5 in two years...need more from him!!!
    Are you kidding? It's not his job to get sacks in this defense! As a DE in our D it is a bonus to get sacks! Check Keisel and ASmith's sack totals.. Ziggy has done a good job, but he could do better at the push into the backfield!

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    Are you kidding? It's not his job to get sacks in this defense! As a DE in our D it is a bonus to get sacks! Check Keisel and ASmith's sack totals.. Ziggy has done a good job, but he could do better at the push into the backfield!
    OK maybe not to get sacks.....but he gets no pressure at all!!!
    LEGEND!!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    thats just not true, i know everyones on this "wallace doesnt fight for the ball" kick since you are unhappy with his second half production last year but the man has elite ball adjustment skills when the ball is in the air, hes a lot like randy moss in his ball adjustment.

and never making a wow catch, the packers his rookie year to win the game is one that jumps out to me. how many wow catches did ward make? i can think of 1 in superbowl XL....holmes has made a career of wow catches, but thats besides the point lol
    If you've only seen Ward make one "wow" catch you're either blinded by your hate and bias towards Hines or you haven't watched many games
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

They compliment each other because the secondary can't double everyone. With Wallace's speed, you have to double him which makes getting open easeir for Brown and Sanders, etc. Brown is good and Sanders has shown potential, but I wonder how well Brown would facing double coverage every week.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Wallace's drop in production, had as much to do with Ben's health as anything. Arians didn't give him much to work with. I love Brown, but he is better playing next to Wallace. Don't understand all the love for Sanders, he hasn't really done anything yet.

FWIW, Holmes may have been the most TALENTED Steeler WR of all time.
    Last edited by tburg68; 03-09-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Wallace's drop in production, had as much to do with Ben's health as anything. Arians didn't give him much to work with. I love Brown, but he is better playing next to Wallace. Don't understand all the love for Sanders, he hasn't really done anything yet.

FWIW, Holmes may have been the most TALENTED Steeler WR of all time.
    i disagree Sanders will kill it. give it time.. but i agree with you on one point santanio is very talented. my sour diesel joints are killer. i damn near pick my teeth with those reefers.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    i disagree Sanders will kill it. give it time.. but i agree with you on one point santanio is very talented. my sour diesel joints are killer. i damn near pick my teeth with those reefers.
    My arguement is that Sanders hasn't done anything yet, but people talk of him with more love than Wallace. You counter that Sanders WILL kill it. Good job.

My Mood
    Manic
    It is too early in brown's career to call Holmes the most talented of all time.plus you can have all the talent in the world if you smoke it all away it doesn't matter let's face it without an elite QB Holmes has been pedestrian at best.

Wallace's drop in production had to do with teams doubling him or assigning the best corner to him.It had little to do with Ben's injury he didn't hurt his arm
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 03-10-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Thread Information