Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown or Wallace

Bookmark and Share
    best route runner on the team=heath miller lol

then sanders and cotchery.

im actually not too sure about wallace, BA had him go deep or run screens so its tough to judge. Brown seems to always be open but its due to fearlessness, not route running

Wallace has never been a good route runner. He wasn't a good route runner in college, which was one of the "cons" on his college scouting report.

Waterboy
    BROWN. He is the more natural WR and has made big-time catches in tough circumstances (not to mention an awesome returner).

I don't want the FO to break the bank for Wally. I like him, but he isn't elite. I never seen him make a catch that made me say "Wow, how did he grab that!" Can he be elite????

That question leads me to what I hope happens.............................

The FO signs Wally to the one-year tender. This would give the Steelers leverage/money to sign Cotchery and maybe a REASONABLE free agent. Wally gets another year (and under Haley) to raise his game.

Don't underestimate the fact that Sanders and Brown didn't have the offseason last year. I believe it takes players their first year to get used to the speed of the game. Then, they settle down and can learn their system, poistion, etc..... Keep an eye on our (and the rest of the league's) 3rd year players.

Lets see how the WRs play this upcoming season, and then see who gets paid. Even if Wally breaks out and then leaves next year, we still could have Brown, Sanders, Crotchery.

thats just not true, i know everyones on this "wallace doesnt fight for the ball" kick since you are unhappy with his second half production last year but the man has elite ball adjustment skills when the ball is in the air, hes a lot like randy moss in his ball adjustment.

and never making a wow catch, the packers his rookie year to win the game is one that jumps out to me. how many wow catches did ward make? i can think of 1 in superbowl XL....holmes has made a career of wow catches, but thats besides the point lol

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Sanders future relies strictly on his health. If he continues to be in and out of the lineup I think it becomes a no-brainer and he is not re-signed.

Brown and Wallace have some similar traits, but in terms of overall value, I'd keep Brown because of his ability in the return game. I totally disagree BTW with him not being the return man in 2012.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Sanders future relies strictly on his health. If he continues to be in and out of the lineup I think it becomes a no-brainer and he is not re-signed.

Brown and Wallace have some similar traits, but in terms of overall value, I'd keep Brown because of his ability in the return game. I totally disagree BTW with him not being the return man in 2012.
    I agree, everytime we get a viable return guy, they are deemed too valuable for the offense. The Eagles have DeSean returning kicks don't they?
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

jackson returns punts, which brown will probably continue to do....KRing is way more brutal, its dumb to have a starting WR do it

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    jackson returns punts, which brown will probably continue to do....KRing is way more brutal, its dumb to have a starting WR do it
    who returns kick offs anyway this year. yes I get your point.

My Mood
    Manic
    YOUTH DOESN'T COST MONEY IN THE NFL. If they structure the contracts right it will be easier to keep everyone signed. The cap problems the Steelers had was more about the new CBA vs the old CBA the old CBA was unlimited money flowing in every direction for t6he players now the owner reigned it in so every position is assigned a value QB'S are the highest paid

the bottom line: if I were to choose between the two, Antonio Brown.

Thread Information