Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading with New England for Ron Brace

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

Trading with New England for Ron Brace

Ron Brace is a seldom used DL for the New England PAtriots. Ron Brace played DT in College next to BJ Raji. SOme people back then though Brace would have just as good of a pro career as Raji. As of today that has not happened. New England has groomed him to play in there system and I don't like how he fits in that scheme. However, I feel he would be a great addition to our rotating DL. He would also allow us not to focus on grabbing a NT in the first round and we could take the chance of Drafting Josh Chapman in the 3rd round as he recovers from his ACL surgery or taking MIke MArtin in the second round.
    What do you guys think?
    Here in New England the local media doesn't like Jerod Mayo the think he's over hyped. Would you give up a second rounder for Him? Would you workout a trade with Bill B for MAyo,Brace & a early second for Mike Wallace?

My Mood
    Impatient
    We cannot trade Wallace unless he signs his tender, which I have a feeling he isnt going to do. Once he signs his tender, he is done taking offers from other teams and agrees to play for 2 million and some change. He will get a long term deal this year from somebody which means, we cannot trade him, only take somebody's first rounder for compensation.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    And I want that first rounder.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    We cannot trade Wallace unless he signs his tender, which I have a feeling he isnt going to do. Once he signs his tender, he is done taking offers from other teams and agrees to play for 2 million and some change. He will get a long term deal this year from somebody which means, we cannot trade him, only take somebody's first rounder for compensation.
    In the past teams have done a sign & trade. SO if it benefitted The Steelers to get a 2nd,MAyo & Brace or something from another team ( phillys two seconds)then would you do it?
    Also with the current cap issue being proactive and attempting to trade Wallace (if they feel they just cant match any contract) would be wise. I know Wallace can't be traded without signing but he can sign for a sign & trade. Steelers should be proactive not reactive. Unless they think its just hype.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-06-2012 at 04:21 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    My post is more about Trading for Ron Brace not so much just about Wallace. It seems the second anyone mentions Wallcae he becomes the only topic.

SO, Would you trade for RON Brace & or Jarod Mayo if they're on the trade block? WOuld you contact Bill B and ask?

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    And I want that first rounder.
    Agreed I'd want that extra first or, Philly's two 2nds or Mayo,Brace & a second. I mention the 2nds due to our cap issues being a little more realistic.

My Mood
    Impatient
    No, I would not trade with New England for either Mayo or Brace. But, if we sign Wallace, the deal would have to still be under that cap and could include no guaranteed money. Any guaranteed money gets accelerated at a trade or cut and counts against our cap. So, is Wallace going to sign a deal that includes no guaranteed money? He has to be willing to sign and play for that contract because he may have a gentleman's agreement for a new contract with a new team, it cannot be in writing until we have give permission for the new team to negotiate, which we cannot do until he signs with us.

The Pats always win in trades and draft picks... Forget it...

We need to sign Wallace and trade him in early november when a contender in the nfc loses a WR.. Then get lots of picks.
    #1 & #2 and whatever else.

I doubt we sign Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Cotch next year... So get the most later this year.

Plug 2 holes with FA and draft Konz in round one and a nt in round 2..

Veteran
    Belichek wants picks not players.

The NE defense was 2nd to worst in the league. If he was any good, he wouldn't be seldom used.

Why is everyone so quick to dump Wallace or think he's gone. Most likely, we'll work out a good 4-5 year deal with him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think there's any way the Steelers lose Wallace now. This whole thing about a team giving up a first round tender on him and having to pay him a long term big contract is just so unlikely to happen. Teams rarely do that no matter who the player is.

As far as Brace goes, I don't think I'd give up anything more than a 4th rounder for him right now. Belichick loves getting more picks and using them to trade up no matter what round it is. Remember the Pats D did get better as the year went on against the run, it was the pass they really stunk at.

Sometimes a change of scenery can make all the difference in a player.

Thread Information