Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plax: Big Ben my favorite QB:

Bookmark and Share

Plax: Big Ben my favorite QB:

Plax is a big fan!

Steelers on Burress' wish list; WR calls Big Ben 'my favorite' QB

March 06, 2012 at 4:23 PM ET

Plaxico Burress is set to hit the free-agent market, and the 34-year-old receiver isn't shy about what teams he'd like to play for next season. Whether any of those teams will come calling, however, is a completely different conversation.

Burress has morphed into a virtual one-man Radio Row of late, telling anyone who will listen that the Eagles are an ideal fit for his services. He won't exclude the Jets or Giants as possibilities, and, on Tuesday, he added another team to his list:

The Pittsburgh Steelers , where he starred from 2000 to 2004.

Plax gushed over Ben Roethlisberger , telling SiriusXM Blitz that the Steelers quarterback is the closest you'll get to John Elway in today's NFL.

"Ben Roethlisberger has always been my favorite quarterback," Burress said . "People can say what they want to about him, but the guy just goes out and wins. And he's been that way since he came to Pittsburgh in 2004."

It wasn't intended as a rip on Eli Manning , and Burress remains open to taking his magic back to the Giants .

"It's always a great possibility," he said . "... Playing in (offensive coordinator) Kevin Gilbride's system is definitely one of the best, and you just see the production that those guys are having at the wide receiver position. ... and Eli has really just become a man (at) his position."

We've heard a lot from Burress this offseason, but it remains to be seen if he'll generate tangible interest from an NFL team, much less from one of those on his wish list.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Can't blame the guy for peddling his services to anyone that will listen, he doesn't have many years left so why not. He's right, Ben is the modern day John Elway there's no doubt about it. I wouldn't think the Steelers will give him the time of day but stranger things have happened.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    When you hear Plaxico talk, you are listening to the babalings of a desperate man. He's praising ANY potential team because he senses that no one may want his services. He looked like he was running in sand last year. Go look at any Jets game. I went and looked and he had little to nothing left.

He's done.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Plaxico has been and always will be a sore subject for me. You decided to leave, we don't want you back.

Uhhh, thanks but no thanks Plax. Go make a big catch and spike the ball again somewhere else (okay that's going back a little bit, but it's something I'll always remember about the guy).
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Roflol
    The only places Plax will appear in Black and Gold are youtube and EA sports. Eagles green fits him. Because most Steeler fans are sick of him.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

I don't like Plax, but lets say Wallace leaves, would this team even consider him back??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    No. We can get a big body WR late in the draft. One that will shut his mouth, and know his role.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    When you hear Plaxico talk, you are listening to the babalings of a desperate man. He's praising ANY potential team because he senses that no one may want his services.
    Spot on!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

hes trying to sell himself to potential buyers, i dont see anything wrong with it. honestly i wouldnt mind at all if they brought him back for a season. people bitch about cutting ward but wouldnt bring in plax, it makes zero sense

Thread Information