Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stevie Johnson gets 36 million, how much will Wallace get?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Lightbulb Stevie Johnson gets 36 million, how much will Wallace get?

Adam Schefter tweeted out that Stevie Johnson signed a five-year, $36.25 million deal that includes $19.5 million gtd and over $24 million in deal's first three years.
    This will have an impact on the type of money that Mike Wallace gets for sure, but is he worth more than Johnson is in your opinion or in the minds of teams who might want to try and sign him?

Johnson is iffy IMO, Wallace will demand this type of money for sure, I'd never give that to him or Johnson!!

I would not give Wallace more than 5mil per year.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter
    Wallace seems to be a solid player, but has he been a game changer? It is hard to tell with all of our injuries. If he had 15 touchdowns, maybe. But I feel he has yet to prove himself. At first there was not way I would want to let him go, but when I sit and reflect upon his overall performance, it ain't worth that kind of money. All of this talk about him making all of this money with his next contract has to be going to his head. As a result, despite his performance numbers, he will think he worth it just because he is Mike Wallace.

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    This is definitely going to impact Wallace's signing. Here's a comparison of the two from last year.

Wallace: 72 catches 1,193 yards 16.6 YPC 8TDs
    Johnson:76 catches, 1,004 yards 13.2 YPC 7TDs

The numbers are strikingly similar. I can't see for the life of me how Wallace will get a dime less than Johnson.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    This is definitely going to impact Wallace's signing. Here's a comparison of the two from last year.

Wallace: 72 catches 1,193 yards 16.6 YPC 8TDs
    Johnson:76 catches, 1,004 yards 13.2 YPC 7TDs

The numbers are strikingly similar. I can't see for the life of me how Wallace will get a dime less than Johnson.
    Spot on man, I'd say keeping him is going to be near impossible...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Remember, even if Wallace gets they type of money they'll be able to give him a big chunk of it in a signing bonus and spread it out so his cap hit should be reasonable.

I fear though that depending on how far they've gotten in talks with Wallace, this might change things a bit now if they were talking different numbers. I would suspect though that the team was going to give him somewhere around that amount anyways, but when you talk millions of dollars anything can change your mind quickly.

My Mood
    Impatient
    When the franchise tag numbers came out, many people thought that is around Wallace would get, 9 million a year. I think this probably drives down the price a little actually. I could see Wallace getting 5/6 years, 40/45 million dollars. I think he is worth that. The problem then will be Brown and Sanders, although the new TV contracts will increase the cap. The Steelers may be able to afford 22 million a year in the big three WR's.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    When the franchise tag numbers came out, many people thought that is around Wallace would get, 9 million a year. I think this probably drives down the price a little actually. I could see Wallace getting 5/6 years, 40/45 million dollars. I think he is worth that. The problem then will be Brown and Sanders, although the new TV contracts will increase the cap. The Steelers may be able to afford 22 million a year in the big three WR's.
    No question. Perhaps Sanders' injury problems will make this an easier pill to swallow. If he continues to be in and out of the lineup next season I doubt he'll get much of an offer. Brown on the other hand could be a huge issue if he has another monster year.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Fine
    Wallace would get that type of money maybe not so much in the first 3 years. I always felt Wallace was a 6mil/yr receiver not an 8mil/yr. I'm thinking Chicago will sign him but the experts keep saying lookout for a wr needy team like Jacksonville or Tampa. I'll take either of those first rounders. Some suggest The rams might trade there #2 pick to a mid team and then sign Wallace.
    If I was the Rams I'd go after Philly and get Deshawn & Asante Plus Philly's 1 & 2.

Thread Information