Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Hines really say he wants to be a Raven?

Bookmark and Share
    Amazes me when we still bash Ward even after he was released. Don't complain and whine if he plays elsewhere....Let me get the popcorn out and read this thread.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Amazes me when we still bash Ward even after he was released. Don't complain and whine if he plays elsewhere....Let me get the popcorn out and read this thread.
    I'm not complaining and I hope our top rival wastes money on Ward.....You seem to be one of the few thinking this is 2004 when Ward was a top WR in the NFL......lol I love sentimental fans.......lol Players come and go but the Steelers remain.....I'm the biggest Big Ben fan around but when he is washed up and done then I'll be the first to say time to get rid of his *** to.......

I respect Hines Ward for what he did for the Steelers and I won't complain if he signs elsewhere......Its Wards right if he wants to continue to play......I'm just glad it won't be for the Steelers.......I'm sure the Steelers can make up for token Ward bubble screen next year....lol

If he is smart, he will not allow his pride to get the best of him and will retire. He is a talented guy, great TV face, will definitely be in a booth somewhere next year calling games.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    LOL, everybody had to know this was a farse from the beginning. Not that Ward might not sign with the Ravens at some point if he wants too but no way it was going to happen this soon.

Well, at least they were able to laugh about it later.

At the top of the 6 o'clock news Wednesday morning, WPXI-TV morning anchor Todd McDermott reported Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Hines Ward had signed with uber-rival Baltimore.

"We're a little in shock," Mr. McDermott said to co-anchor Jennifer Abney.
    Mr. Ward might have been as well, were he awake at that hour. He was released later in the day and now can sign with another team.

The "report" apparently came from a BroCouncil.com joke featuring Mr. Ward in a purple Ravens jersey. Among the fake details: Mr. Ward had signed "an incentive laden 3 year, $9 million contract."

In a tipoff that the web site's "news" was not on the up-and-up, Steelers team president Art Rooney II "said" in a fake quote: "Pittsburgh Steelers football may not be the same without him, but his smile was pretty creepy anyway."
    At 6:17 a.m., segueing from a warm weather forecast, Mr. McDermott said "Could be May 1, could be April Fool's Day because we got fooled by a Baltimore Ravens spoof web site that said Hines Ward had signed with the Ravens. That can't happen."

BroCouncil is not a spoof site, but occasionally creates such reports, labeling them "spoofs."
    "In a world of lightning-quick information, we erroneously used information from a spoof web site. We promise to be more vigilant and tighter measures have been put in place," said Mike Goldrick, WPXI news director.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    So what some of you are saying , if you lose your job and go somewhere else to work we should all hate you ? Really it's a job Hines is out of work and if someone is willing to pay him why shouldn't he take it ?

I won't like seeing him in another uniform but won't knock him for doing what's best for Hines Ward.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Super Moderator Mean Linebacker's Avatar
    My Mood
    Blah
    Hines will go where the money is and where he can get a chance to be something else besides a #4 receiver. We won't like it if goes to a rival team but we shouldn't blame him either. Having said that I would say it's probably a safe bet that he doesn't go to the Ravens because they just don't need him. That only way that happens is if they still have this complex of beating the Steelers so badly that they can't see past anything else.

^^This is exactly what I have been saying for the past few months despite the people who really think it is a sin for Ward to gol play elsewhere. It would be nice if he retires as a Steeler but if he thinks he can still play, then that theory is gone.

I really don't wish Hines nothing but the best ( and always will) even if he goes play for any team in the NFL. The guy was a true blue collar stand up person, wanted to negotiate his contract;but the Steelers wanted to go another direction. Some of you just need to go to Pittsburgh every once in a while!!!!!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Rookie Free Agent
    Hines was willing to renegotiate his contract. I bet he was willing to take a huge pay cut just to be able to stay a Steeler and he was very vocal that he wanted to stay here.

The Steelers let him go. He didn't leave us he was forced out.

No matter where he ends up Hines Ward will always be a Steeler to me. Even if he's wearing the hated ratbird purple.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Doubt Hines Ward cares what anyone on this forum thinks about where he does or doesn't play next year.

If someone wants to pay him and he wants to play for them, more power to him. He hasn't been productive for the last two years, and I don't expect him to all of the sudden become productive for another team, whoever that team may be.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    I don't see Hines going to team in the AFC North. He loves the Steelers too much infect I see him going to a NFC team if he goes anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information