Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stevie Johnson gets 36 million, how much will Wallace get?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Wallace would get that type of money maybe not so much in the first 3 years. I always felt Wallace was a 6mil/yr receiver not an 8mil/yr. I'm thinking Chicago will sign him but the experts keep saying lookout for a wr needy team like Jacksonville or Tampa. I'll take either of those first rounders. Some suggest The rams might trade there #2 pick to a mid team and then sign Wallace.
    If I was the Rams I'd go after Philly and get Deshawn & Asante Plus Philly's 1 & 2.
    The Rams trade would have to be before the draft as RFA's getting signed by other teams has to be done before the draft. Also, just read that in the old CBA, it was the earlier pick of the round not the later one or the teams original pick. If that is true and New England went after Wallace, we would get their first pick in the first round, not their 31st pick, if that is true in this CBA as well.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    The Rams trade would have to be before the draft as RFA's getting signed by other teams has to be done before the draft. Also, just read that in the old CBA, it was the earlier pick of the round not the later one or the teams original pick. If that is true and New England went after Wallace, we would get their first pick in the first round, not their 31st pick, if that is true in this CBA as well.
    Its the original so for NE its the 31st. However if the Rams trade back before free agency or draft they would have a new original round selection and can use it on Wallace. Example if the got the Browns two first then it would be the #4 pick they'd give up. If the move back with Philly at 15 then they'd give us 15 their new original pick.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Its the original so for NE its the 31st. However if the Rams trade back before free agency or draft they would have a new original round selection and can use it on Wallace. Example if the got the Browns two first then it would be the #4 pick they'd give up. If the move back with Philly at 15 then they'd give us 15 their new original pick.
    Just read the new CBA and the wording is "its own or better" for draft pick compensation. So its the earliest pick, so in NE's case its the 27th pick.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I guess Wallace is as good as gone then. We can't do those numbers.

Can we ask Wallace's agent to make sure he signs with a team in the other conference then?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I guess Wallace is as good as gone then. We can't do those numbers.
    We can match a contract of that much. With all the cap Voodoo that Omar does, it wouldn't be a huge issue.

The question is do they want to?

Wallace would be crazy to sign anything right now. I believe he has earned a contract similar to Johnson's in Buffalo, but I also believe that if Wallace signs somewhere else and that team's QB is not elite, Wallace will be an average WR with great speed. I would be shocked if he is signed before the draft.

Rookie Free Agent
    First for wallace to go anywhere first and foremost it has to be a team with a Elite QB with a powerful arm. All that speed is useless if the QB cant get it to him. Second the cat is out of the bag now that wallace cant be a #1 receiver as he cant handle double teams as he will not fight for the ball. Third, Speed is the very first thing to go with any athlete. While it only takes a 10th of a second or two to make your speed above average remember that it takes the same to drop you back down to average. Wallace only has a few years left of being the speed threat that he is. Once that starts to go he is average at best!

As much as i love having wallace i would rather take a first round pick and have Brown, Sanders,Cotchery and whatever new stud we find in the 3rd round or later.

My Mood
    Manic
    If Wallace has a smart agent he would sign the tendered offer this year and become a URFA NEXT YEAR THEN HE CAN GET MUCH MORE MONEY.Johnson was unrestricted teams will offer him less because Wallace costs the a 1st rd pick which calculates into millions of dollars for who ever signs him .So my guess is Wallace will be a steeler for at least one more year.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    All these numbers are too high. When I saw the Packers toss Wallace around like a rag doll in SB46 I realized he's a one trick pony. If Stillers can get a solid run game going they don't need flashy receivers. Look what Hines Ward did with mediocre QBs for most of his career? He's no speed demon. Never was. But with the Bettis run game he got open and made plays.
    More concerned with Steelers signing Cotchery, who is more of a solid body than Wallace. Brown and Sanders give us enough outside speed. Team better off getting another #1 pick. Remember the last speedster we lost: Nate Washington. Didn't really hurt us. Wallace in the same category---he won't be missed that much.
    STEELSPIKES

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I have to agree with you steelspikes.

I just want it to be the Rams who signs Wallace to an offer sheet. If the Rams do that, we could end up having one the all time great drafts in Steeler history.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information