Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harrison weighs in on the "bountygate" scandal

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    He just posted on Facebook as well, something to the affect of we'll see how concerned the NFL is about safety when they decide on the Saints punishment.
    Yeah I was just reading that, and he's right. If the NFL wants to send a message like they do with Harrion's fines then they should lay the smack down on Williams and the Saints.

For the record, I love it when Harrison speaks out, he tells the truth and usually he's pretty spot on.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I'm sure all the Harrison haters, which is pretty much everyone outside of the SteelerNation is throwing a fit over Harrison tweeting out about this issue. If he were on their team they wouldn't be saying a word!

Irritates the hell out of me!!!

Ok rant off, haha. He's right on, if there was even a hint that he was in a bounty he'd be booted out of the league in a hot second.

Quote Originally Posted by JShare86 View Post
    Harrison just needs to shut up. He's like a 6 year old when it comes to this stuff
    I agree that he just needs to shut up. Nothing good comes from it and he does sound like a 6 year old.

Suh said it much better:
    "It's unfortunate to hear these things come out," "Me personally, I don't take part in those things, and knowing my teammates and knowing my coaches, we wouldn't allow that.

"I understand it's a tough situation the commissioner has to deal with," Suh added. "As he has in the past, he's going to deal with it with a stiff hand. Hopefully, people can learn from the mistakes and make an example out of it."
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Suh is full of ****.

Football is a game of hard hits and intimidation.

Defensive players WANT TO HIT YOU HARD AND POSSIBLY INJURE YOU! Sorry to dissapoint anyone who is a wush but that's what football IS! Goodall is trying to legislate violence out of a violent game!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Williams did. It has been going on since the begining of football and it will continue no matter what stupid rule Goodall tries to put in place.

Buddy Ryan back in the 80's had the same thing and everyone knew about it. It was no big deal. Remember the cornerback the Eagles had named Andre Watters?? People called him dirty waters from the hits he used to administer. It's the defense job to hit hard (legally) and intimidate!

That is what our Steelers history is all about! The hits that Blount used to make are legendary in Steeler lore.

What we are witnessing is Goodall trying to make fundamental changes to a way the game has been played for 100 years! At this rate, NONE OF US will be watching football in 10 years becuase of the pussification that Goodall and his sissies are trying to institute in the game.

Injuries are part of the game. DEAL WITH IT! There going to happen because the game is violent. And we love the game for it's violence! That is the gladiator aspect of the game that our nature likes. Weather we want to admit it or not. We like hard hits, intimidation and seeing a WR pull up on a route because he is scared. That's football! Pushing your will on another man by hard legal hits and intimidation is what football is all about.

Football is not underwater basket weaving or syncronized swimming! Leave Greg Williams alone! He's done nothing more then what's been going on in the game since it's inception. Hard hits, intimidation and high speed violence are part of the game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Most of what you say is true Real Deal. Greg Williams didn't do anything different than what has been going on for years. It's very easy to blame the commissioner but he is nothing more than a puppet. The problem lays not with the commissioner but with the ex-players and their attorney's and the billions of dollars of lawsuits against the owners. I'm sure there is some ex player who was injured in a game against the Saints that is already in the process of filing a lawsuit against Williams, the Saints, and the NFL.

Although Suh may be full of ****, Harrison should think before he talks because it makes him look like an idiot. Everyone who follows the game knows that he has been targeted.
    -Wayne Dyer

Larry, here is how I would handle the lawsuits,

No one put a gun to those players head to force them to keep playing. But they did because they wanted the fame, money and accolades that go along with playing the game. As technology has gotten better, the NFL has done what is neccessary to lessen injurys. Especially concussions. But you can't take the violence out of the game. If the violence is too much for you personally, quit.

Just like Aikman did when he had concussion issues. Aikman could have quit after the first concussion if he choose, but he didn't. So that's the NFL's fault??

We live in a world were now, no one wants to take accountability of their actions. They want to blame "someone else" for things that they personally choose to do. Every player in the NFL that has been concussed, should just quit then. But don't blame the NFL for it when you don't.

They knew the game was violent when they joined the league.

And Harrison is venting. And I don't think I"d personally do it that way but I don't blame him for voicing his frustration.

Harrison and an ant share brain size! Football players aren't the sharpest tools in the shed fellas, take it with a grain of salt..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

We live in a world were now, no one wants to take accountability of their actions. They want to blame "someone else" for things that they personally choose to do.
    IMHO that is the biggest problem in society. Very few people take responsibility for anything. There's a problem at work and everyone says, I didn't do it, it's not my job...ect. I'm this way because my mother did something to me 30 years ago. Give me a break..you are that way because of your actions not someone else...
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The league is going to come down hard on Williams and the Saints, there is no doubt about it, but I think this whole thing too is going to get blown out of proportion. Every team in the league has been looking at their games against Greg Williams lead teams and start crying foul for every hit out there. It's going to take up time and resources to investigate all these allegations that will be brought forth in addition to the ones already there.

I just think the league over reacts and is way too quick to pull the trigger in the interest of the soccer moms and dads who feel that football shouldn't be a violent game.

I'm not saying I condone incentive based play of this type but at the same time it's giving a black eye to a guy who's overall been known as a great coach. His career shouldn't be defined by this incident but it will be forever now.

Thread Information