Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bouchette gets some last digs in on Cowher.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry

Bouchette gets some last digs in on Cowher.

I don't know if any you seen Sportsbeat on FSN Pittsburgh Tuesday evening but Stan Savran hosted a Steelers Roundtable to discuss the hiring of Mike Tomlin. (Ed Bouchette, Stan Savran, Tunch Ilkin and Paul Alexander)

To make a long story short there was a couple of occasions where Ed Bouchette(Steelers Beat Writer for the Pittsburgh Post Gazzette) when talking about Tomlin said "Yes, Tomlin has sense of humor, unlike the previous coach who was here."
    Then when talking about Tomlin's talking skills Bouchette said "When Mike Tomlin was introduced at his PC he came off as a very intelligent and polished speaker." "I wasn't at Bill Cowher's introductory PC so I don't know about that but Mike was more polished and skilled in his first PC than Bill Cowher was at his PC when he was announcing his resignation."

I was LMAO!! I never knew the state of Ed and Bill's relationship but it was obvious that there was no disappointment from Ed Bouchette that Bill Cowher is gone.

I had no idea Ed felt that way or had hard feelings towrds BC ... IMO, Tomlin came off pretty arrogant at first but it went away as the PC continued on, which is exactly how Cowher was during his first PC as well.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I didn't know that he was harboring some ill feelings toward's BC as well I agree with Chris, I thought Mike came across as a bit arrogant, kinda high and mighty for the first several questions he started to loosen up, smile, and even joke around some while still keeping his composure and saying the right things. I don't mind him being alittle cocky, I think you have to set yourself apart from your previous counterpart and tell them like it is from the get go so we'll see how well he does for us real soon.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't get the arrogant part.............what did he say or do that was arrogant??
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's not necessarily what he said but it's how he carried himself, how he answered the questions in short, specific ways instead of embellishing and explaining alittle more.

Some think he wasn't arrogant, some of us did, it's all in how you perceive his demeanor is all.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It's not necessarily what he said but it's how he carried himself, how he answered the questions in short, specific ways instead of embellishing and explaining alittle more.

Some think he wasn't arrogant, some of us did, it's all in how you perceive his demeanor is all.
    I just thought he was nervous at first. I think thats why his answers were short.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

you want him to be a liar?? lol.......oh well.......don't matter much i guess, he's seems like a very humble nice dude, he was even taking pictures (only took one but you know) and signing autographs at the airport with no hesitation........ and i enjoyed his whole press conference, the sucking in his bottom lip got annoying but everything else i liked lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Hes the new guy in town. I'd rather he came across as arrogant then all weak and ****. Its good to be cocky it means your confident and know what you can and can't do. Just so long as he backs it up it ain't no problem.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    I really didn't take him that way at all. I thought he looked a little nervous at first and then started to relax and enjoy the moment as it went on.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I really didn't take him that way at all. I thought he looked a little nervous at first and then started to relax and enjoy the moment as it went on.
    Ditto, kiddo
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information