Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do we need cornerbacks?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Also, this year's draft class of cornerbacks is super weak. Weakest it's been in a long time. No sense at all using a pick above the 6th round on any cornerback.
    now THAT could be a valid argument. im not very familiar with this draft class as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5574 View Post
    In what world are brussel sprouts better than yams?? :O
    LOL

My Mood
    Manic
    WIKI ISN'T A REAL DICTIONARY! LOL

My Mood
    Manic
    LOOK TOUGH GUY I'M NOT FIGHTING OR DISAGREEING WITH YOU I COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOU SAY (BRAH)YOU JUST LIKE TO RUN PPL OVER THAT PUT UP DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN YOU THERE IS A RIGHT WAY TO DEBATE AND MAKING THE OTHER PERSON LOOK OR FEEL STUPID ISN'T IT BRAH OK BRAH GOT IT BRAH?

My Mood
    Manic
    btw my 2 cents is there are other area's of our team that are weaker stats aren't everything neither are individual games so the way the secondary played against Denver isn't an accurate gauge for how they performed this year.I think the #1 ranking on pass defense is due in large part to the offensive time of posession mixed with our schedule being full of teams with decent running games overall the #1 ranking isn't absolute but it shouldn't be disreguarded .there's my slant on our pass defense .btw we don't really need d-backs

With the way that william gay stepped up this year (in my opinion and as opposed to years past) we are ok in the defensive backfield department

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Keep it real here folks. We're all on the same team....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    WIKI ISN'T A REAL DICTIONARY! LOL
    so youre saying Wikipedia is wrong? ok, i suppose thats possible. not likely, but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/metaphor
    met·a·phor
       [met-uh-fawr, -fer] Show IPA

noun [...]

[...]2.
    something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/metaphor
    1: a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them
    Quote Originally Posted by http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/metaphor/
    When we resort to metaphor, a term that routinely stands for one thing or kind is made to stand for another, suitably related thing or kind instead, and this change in what the term stands for occurs on the fly, without warning and without special explanation. The effect is to transfer the term in question from its accustomed place in our verbal classificatory scheme to some other unaccustomed place for special temporary expressive purposes.
    you were saying? it may not have been a particularly well phrased metaphor ill grant you.

LOOK TOUGH GUY I'M NOT FIGHTING OR DISAGREEING WITH YOU I COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOU SAY (BRAH)YOU JUST LIKE TO RUN PPL OVER THAT PUT UP DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN YOU THERE IS A RIGHT WAY TO DEBATE AND MAKING THE OTHER PERSON LOOK OR FEEL STUPID ISN'T IT BRAH OK BRAH GOT IT BRAH?

had my intention been to make you feel stupid i would have gone into flame mode, and i can guarantee you that this "discussion" would be remembered as being soft and fluffy as a bunny rabbit.(ooo lookey, another metaphor )

btw my 2 cents is there are other area's of our team that are weaker stats aren't everything neither are individual games so the way the secondary played against Denver isn't an accurate gauge for how they performed this year.I think the #1 ranking on pass defense is due in large part to the offensive time of posession mixed with our schedule being full of teams with decent running games overall the #1 ranking isn't absolute but it shouldn't be disreguarded .there's my slant on our pass defense .btw we don't really need d-backs
    YAY, an actual argument made and presented with at least an attempt to use evidence and reason to come to a conclusion as opposed to a one line "we dont need a cb" which amounts to nothing more than a baseless opinion rather than a valid argument. see? i knew you could do it. i may not agree with you, and i dont necessarily, but at least it makes sense and allows me to respect why you have the opinion you do as well as gives me another perspective to view the situation from.

dont just assume that because i disagree with someone that i am incapable of listening to and considering other points of view because that would be a mistake. if youre going to make statements without at least saying why you think im wrong or making statements without backing them up with ANYthing then i have no reason to think you even have a reason other than "steelerz rokz!1!!" fanboi-ism which really isnt a valid way to assess anything.

Rookie Free Agent
    Theres a interview with Bob Labriola where he says we are gonna like Allen a lot and dont be surprised if he is a starter opposite of Ike Taylor in 2012! I do believe they have a plan. Remember we dont start rookies very often simply cause confidence and learning the system are key!. You can ruin a good player if you put them in too soon and their confidence gets blown!

Cortez has the speed and looked good so far

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    In Tomlin's interview at the owners meetings he mentioned that he expects all 3 guys to compete for the job to start opposite Ike Taylor. He did mention that both Brown and Allen were brought in to compete for this type of situation so I'd say it's pretty much anybody's job right now.

He also didn't rule out taking a CB in the draft at some point, they are clearly keeping all their options open.

Thread Information