Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do we need cornerbacks?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pimp
    its true they only have very few players that are good

Possibly but I wouldnt say its of high value.. Id like a safety in the draft though

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    This is actually a good question. My feeling is shared by some of you in that you can never have enough corners. We would be fooling ourselves to think that both Troy and Clark will remain 100% healthy all season as well.
    As much as we have needs on both lines and LB I could understand it if took a corner. Not saying I'd agree with it in round 1but I certainly would understand the thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

we drafted how many cb's the last three years? we didnt get lucky yet.. the packers did with a 6th or 7th rounder - sam shields.

we will hit on a cb one day i guess.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Possibly but I wouldnt say its of high value.. Id like a safety in the draft though
    I agree. We're going to need a safety soon. I'm thinking high in next year's draft, perhaps even first round, depending on how the season goes.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    we drafted how many cb's the last three years? we didnt get lucky yet.. the packers did with a 6th or 7th rounder - sam shields.

we will hit on a cb one day i guess.
    I wouldn't say they were all misses. There looks to be some decent talent there. The biggest problem with the secondary is that the line/LBs put no pressure on the opposing QB and when you give 8, 10 or even more seconds to throw the ball, an NFL QB is going to find someone open.

And even with the problems putting pressure on the QB, the Steelers still had the #1 passing defense in football.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Couldn't stop the run for ****? We were 8th in the league in run defense. Let's not go around saying we "couldn't stop the run for ****" just because we weren't #1 in the league. Teams didn't get pass happy on us because they couldn't get pass happy on us. See: Patriots game.
    #8 doesnt matter if youre giving up 4 yds a carry. just because we were better than most doesnt mean we were particularly good. brussel sprouts are better than yams and leeks. doesnt mean brussel sprouts are good it just means that yams and leeks are freakin disgusting. the fact is that we were unable to play the run the way the steelers are known for playing the run. merely decent teams ran all over us, TEBOW threw for 300 yards on us. that ALONE is indicative of how bad our pass defense truly was.

you can tell yourself, based on easily manipulated stats that dont take everything into account, that we had an awesome pass def, but im sorry, youre deluding yourself.

My Mood
    Manic
    Yams? Leeks what are you talking about? 8th doesn't suck we gave up less than 100 per game .Dev Tebow put 300 on a lot of teams in his life.If we played TEBOW 100 times we would beat him 90 time he had a good day but more than that we had a bad day and what merely decent teams ran all over us?
    4 yds a carry doesn't mean anything suppose you only run the ball once for 4 yds that's a4 yd avg <------ MEANINGLESS
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 03-03-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    TEBOW threw for 300 yards on us. that ALONE is indicative of how bad our pass defense truly was.
    Poor defensive game plan, way too much man coverage, no safety help whatsoever throughout the game. In a sense, Steelers played defense vs the Broncos that took away the need for Tebow to read the coverage because everything was cover 0 all day long.

Overall Pass D was excellent last year - outside of the last drive vs Baltimore.

My Mood
    Fine
    We have needs but remember what we fans think about players and what The Steelers think about them are two different things. Eample Trey Essex Fans dont care for him( I DO) Steelers like him for his versatility,plus he's one of the only healthy lineman to finish the season playing every position. He deserves a shot at RT Guard atleast an honest shot. Ramon Foster same scenario fans dont(iI do) team 50/50 but he keeps getting his spot back and playing well.
    We need NT,OL,ILB,CB/S DE,TE,FB & OLB.... THey way I see it we need a Dlineman who can play every spot and I'm thinking Fletcher Cox is that guy.However, If we can get luke K or Dont'a in first or Bobby Wagner in the 2nd, Audie Cole,James-michael Johnson Emauel Acho in 3rd. That would be fine as well.

Thread Information